IBM Business Automation Community Come for answers. Stay for best practices. All we’re missing is you. Join / Log in Ask a question
As Michael said, there are many resources for upgrading BPM to BAW, which would bring all of your in-flight data along.
If upgrading your current BPM environment is not an option (e.g. you are changing underlying database provider or moving from BPM on-prem to BAW SaaS), there is no officially supported data migration path.
We have worked with a number of customers to develop some tools and techniques for instance-by-instance migration from BPM to BAW. The basic steps are:
1. Export process app from source environment and import to target
2. Make some small tweaks to the process models to support the migration process
3. For each process instance to be migrated, use the REST APIs to
- read the instance data from the source environment
- create a new instance in the target environment
- add tasks in the correct locations
- set the in-flight data
- suspend the instance in the source environment
That's pretty high level, and there are a few pitfalls to look out for, but it might be enough to get you started.
We'd be happy to have a quick call to see if we can help you with this. You can schedule a time that suits you here.