The MaaS360 team is excited to announce the availability of same-day support for Windows 11, the newest Windows operating system from Microsoft. It is MaaS360s goal to provide continuity and consistency of features and functions if you are running devices on Windows 10 or Windows 11.
What’s new for Users of Windows 11.
Microsoft’s new operating system includes new features and functions that they feel will enhance end-user productivity. Windows 11 is built on the same foundation as Windows 10 and should be a natural transition between OS versions.
- New, more Mac-like interface. Windows 11 features a clean design with rounded corners, pastel shades and a centered Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Widgets. While they've been around for a while (remember desktop gadgets on Windows Vista?), including in a recent Windows 10 update, you can now access widgets directly from the Taskbar and personalize them to see whatever you'd like.
- The Windows Security app is built into the OS. This app is an easy-to-use interface and combines commonly used security features. For example, your get access to virus & threat protection, firewall & network protection, account protection, and more.
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus is built into Windows, and helps protect devices using next-generation security. When used with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, your organization gets strong endpoint protection, and advanced endpoint protection & response. If your devices are managed with Endpoint Manager, you can create policies based on threat levels found in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- The Application Security features help prevent unwanted or malicious code from running, isolate untrusted websites & untrusted Office files, protect against phishing or malware websites, and more.
- Microsoft Teams integration. Teams is pinned on the Windows 11 Taskbar, making it easier to access (and a bit more like Apple's FaceTime). You'll be able to access Teams from Windows, Mac, Android or iOS.
- Easier transition from monitor to laptop, and better multitasking. The new OS includes features called Snap Groups and Snap Layouts -- collections of the apps you're using at once that sit in the Taskbar, and can come up or be minimized at the same time for easier task switching. They also let you plug and unplug from a monitor more easily without losing where your open windows are located.
What does this mean for MaaS360 users?
Whether you upgrade your existing Windows 10 endpoints managed by MaaS360 to Windows 11 or are enrolling brand-new devices installed with Windows 11, all the device- and application-level management features of MaaS360 are available for you today.
The following functions will work today on Windows 11 devices managed by MaaS360:
- Diverse enrollment methods, including Windows Autopilot
- Real-time actions including Locate, Message, Lock, Wipe, Change Policy/Rule Set
- Hardware and Software inventory
- Endpoint Security Status: out of box identification and status on a wide variety of security services and suites
- Servicing, including Delivery Optimization (DO) and Update Management
- Policies: Settings, Restrictions, App Compliance, Windows Information Protection, etc.
- Application management: support for MSI/EXE/.appx and .appx bundles
- Script Management: distribute and run, .bat, .cmd, .reg, vbs, .py and .ps
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM): laptop and desktop management functionalities
- Granular OS patch Management capabilities
What happens next?
We understand that a migration from Windows 10 to Windows 11 will not happen overnight, MaaS360 will be available to support your diverse enterprise regardless.
MaaS360 provide a seamless bridge for support for Windows 10 and Windows 11, providing consistent Modern Management and Client Management functions from a single browser window.
If you have any questions or clarifications, please contact your account manager.