Hi Friends! Hope you are doing well. Today, I'll cover the details of the Introduction to CA3130EZ BiMOS Operational Amplifier.
In this post, we'll discuss each and everything related to CA3130EZ, its pinout and description, main features, schematic diagram and applications. Let's dive right in and explore everything you need to know.
1. DescriptionCA3130EZ is a BiMOS Operational Amplifier with MOSFET Input and CMOS Output that operates at 15MHz. The CA3130A and CA3130 are op amps that combine the benefits of CMOS and bipolar transistors.Gate-protected P-Channel MOSFET (PMOS) transistors are used in the input circuit to give very high input impedance, very low input current, and incredible speed. In single-supply applications, the use of PMOS transistors in the input stage enables for common-mode input voltages as low as 0.5V below the negative-supply terminal, which is crucial.The output circuit consists of a pair of CMOS transistors capable of swinging the output voltage to within 10mV of either source voltage terminal (at very high load impedance values).The CA3130 Series circuits' supply voltages range from 5 to 16 volts (2.5 to 8 volts). They provide connectors for altering offset voltage and can be phase-corrected with a single external capacitor for applications that require offset-null capability. Thanks to terminal facilities, the output stage can also be strobed.• The CA3130A provides superior input characteristics when compared to the CA3130.2. CAD Model
• MOSFET Input Stage Provides:
- Very High ZI = 1.5 TΩ (1.5 x 1012Ω) (Typ)
- Very Low II . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5pA (Typ) at 15V Operation
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .= 2pA (Typ) at 5V Operation
• Ideal for Single-Supply Applications
• Common-Mode Input-Voltage Range Includes Negative Supply Rail; Input Terminals can be Swung 0.5V Below Negative Supply Rail
• CMOS Output Stage Permits Signal Swing to Either (or both) Supply Rails
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)4. Schematic Diagram
• Ground-Referenced Single-Supply Amplifiers
• Fast Sample-Hold Amplifiers
• Long-Duration Timers/Monostables
• High-Input-Impedance Comparators (Ideal Interface with Digital CMOS)
• High-Input-Impedance Wideband Amplifiers
• Voltage Followers (e.g. Follower for Single-Supply D/A Converter)
• Voltage Regulators (Permits Control of Output Voltage Down to 0V)
• Peak Detectors
• Single-Supply Full-Wave Precision Rectifiers
• Photo-Diode Sensor Amplifiers
That's all for today. I hope you have found this article useful. If you have any questions, you can approach me in the comment section below, I'd to help you in any way I can. Keep us updated with your valuable feedback and suggestion that help us provide you with quality content as per your needs and requirements. Thanks for reading the article.