What is a BC547 Transistor?
The BC547 transistor is a general-purpose bipolar NPN transistor with a gain range of 110 to 800Hfe, which determines the transistor device's amplification capabilities.The maximum collector current, or maximum permitted current, of the transistor BC547 is 800Ma.Furthermore, the BC547 transistor's maximum bias current is 5mA.The transition frequency of the BC547 transistor is 30 MHZ, which is critical while the transistor is switching.What is a 2N2222 Transistor?
A bipolar NPN transistor, the 2N2222 is a transistor with two poles. The maximum current gain of the 2N2222 transistor is 300hFE, and this number determines the transistor's amplification factor.The maximum collector current of the 2N2222 transistor is 800mA; this is the greatest current that this device can handle.The trigger terminal's maximum bias voltage is 200 mV, while the 2N2222 transistor's maximum bias current is 200 mA.The maximum frequency on this frequency is 250MHZ, which is the 2N2222 transistor's transition frequency.BC547 vs 2N2222 Features Comparison
• NPN BJT Transistor
• DC Current Gain range is 110 to 800 hFE
• Collector current (IC) is 100mA
• Emitter to Base Voltage (VBE) is 6V
• Collector to Emitter Voltage (VCE) is 45V
• Collector to Base voltage ( VCB ) is 50V
• Base Current ( IB ) is 5mA maximum
• Available in TO-92 Package
• NPN BJT Transistor
• DC Current Gain range is 30 to 300 hFE
• Collector current (IC) is 800mA
• Emitter to Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
• Collector to Emitter Voltage (VCE) is 30V
• Collector to Base voltage (VCB) is 60V
• Base Current (IB) is 200mA maximum
• Transition frequency (FT) is 250MHz
BC547 vs 2N2222 Applications Comparison
• Amplifier Circuits
• Preamp Circuits
• Driver Circuits
• Switching Circuits
• PMW Circuits
• Alarm Circuits
• Water Level Indicator Circuits
• Sensor Circuits
• Touch Switch Circuits
• Volume Level Changing Circuits
• Low Power Applications
• Motor Driver Circuits
• Inverter Circuits
• Sensor CircuitsBC547 vs 2N2222 Amplifier Circuit BC547 Amplifier Circuit
The diagram depicts a basic amplifier circuit that uses BC547 and only has four components.The input resistor and capacitor will be used as bypass components, with the resistor acting as a biasing agent for the BC547 transistor.As a result, an audio signal received at the input is amplified and sent to the output speaker by the transistor.2N2222 Amplifier Circuit
The BC series, such as BC549 and BC639, are the finest recommendations for the BC547 transistor equivalent, followed by the 2N2222 transistor.
BC636 replaces BC547, 2N2369, 2N3055, 2N3904, 2N3906, and 2SC5200 in the PNP.
2N3904, BC547, BC548, and 2N3906 are 2N2222 comparable transistors.
Each of the 2N2222 equivalent transistors described here is an NPN bipolar transistor, with the majority of them being identical.
BC547 vs 2N2222 PackageBC547 Package