As you must have already learnt and understood by now about how to add a link (see the Add link article), let us now learn and understand about how to edit or delete links, which this tutorial focuses on with by using the IBM Spectrum Fusion user interface.
Before you start with this tutorial, you can keep the IBM Documentation for IBM Spectrum Fusion handy, which also provides a good starting point for reference and learning.
After you have successfully added a link to your IBM Spectrum Fusion appliance, at a later stage you decide that you want to edit or delete the link that you added earlier as part of your network configuration. So, in such a context, edit or delete that link record or other links. Carry out these steps accordingly.
- Log in to the IBM Spectrum Fusion appliance by using the IBM Spectrum Fusion user interface. See the following figure for reference about the welcome page:
Figure 1: IBM Spectrum Fusion welcome page
- Click Let’s get started.
- On the login page, log in to your account with your user credentials by specifying the username and password.
You are welcomed by the Dashboard page on the IBM Spectrum Fusion user interface.
- On the Network section of the Dashboard page, click the arrow mark in the Network section on the Dashboard page to go to the Network See the following figure for reference.
Figure 2: Network section on Dashboard
- Optional: Alternatively, click the IBM Spectrum Fusion Dashboard menu in the top-left corner of the user interface and click Manage > Network. See the following figure for reference.
Figure 3: Menu to access Network page
The Network page is displayed, which provides you with all the information about the Network configuration on your IBM Spectrum Fusion appliance. See the following figure for reference.
Figure 4: Network page
- Click the Links The Links section is displayed. See the following figure for reference.
Figure 5: Network page (Links tab)
This page provides all the Links information in a tabular form.
The columns of the Links table are as follows:
- Name: Indicates the name of the link.
- Port: Indicates the port that you specified when adding a link.
- Port Type: Indicates the type of port that you selected.
- Transceiver: Indicates the transceiver that you selected.
- Aggregation: Indicates the aggregation that you selected.
- VLANs: Indicates the VLANs that you selected.
- Native VLAN: Indicates the native VLAN that you selected.
- To edit a link, follow these steps:
1. On the Network page, go to the link record that you want to edit. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 6: Link record you want to edit
At the end of the record, click the ellipses icon to view more actions. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 7: Ellipsis icon to view more actions
- Click Edit. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 8: Edit VLAN record
The Edit link pane is displayed. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 9: Edit link pane
Note that any network configuration changes that you go on to do with editing a link record might result in connectivity issues.
- Edit the link details. Depending on what you want to edit, make changes only in those fields. Note that the Port value is read-only and cannot be edited.
1. Edit the name in Link name.
2. Select another type from the Port Type
3. Select another option from the Transceiver
4. Select another option from the Aggregation
5. Select different VLANs from the VLANs You can assign multiple VLANs from this multi-select label list. The native VLAN is populated with the selected VLANs.
6. Choose the VLANs from the list.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Once you have saved and applied your changes, you will see that the edited or updated link record is available in the Links table of the Network page.
Figure 10: Links table
With this procedure, you have successfully edited a link in the Network page of the IBM Spectrum Fusion user interface to meet your business requirement.
As part of modifying a link record in your appliance, you can also delete or remove it from your network. Do these steps:
- Go to the end of the record, click the ellipses icon, and select Delete. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 11: Ellipsis icon to delete link record
The Delete Link confirmation window prompts up on the Network page to ask whether you want to delete the link record. See the following figure for reference:
Figure 12: Delete link record
- Click Delete to confirmation deletion of the link record.
The link record is removed from the Links table in the Network page and from your IBM Spectrum Fusion appliance.