IBM Data Lifecycle - Integration and Governance Connect with experts and peers to elevate technical expertise, solve problems and share insights. Join / Log in
We had created few archive request for a project using IBM Optim 11.3 few months back. In between the access to the source database was removed by the database team for the id which was used to create the archive requests. We got the access restored back for the ID to the source DB but when we check in Optim we don't see any archive requests or archive collections we had created using this ID. We did the maintenance on archive directory but that also didn't help.
Can anyone have faced similar issue or have experience how to solve this. Thanks in advance !!
Make sure you understand the difference between the source-DB and the Optim Directory-DB: the archive request itself is stored in the Optim Dir-DB, NOT in the source-DB. So please check the access to the directory-DB where you should find the definitions. The archive requests should still be there even if the access to the source-DB was removed temporarily.
Agreed this issue has nothing to do with the User ID against the source DB. It sounds like Binod did look in Optim and is not seeing the Archive Request or the Archive Collection. We have used Optim for years and never had objects just vanish from the Directory. Therefore, this usually means one of two things:
In either case, they will need to recreate the objects. They can also modify the ACD settings to not allow deletion of Optim objects for certain user groups.