I can answer the first two questions...
1 - I think this is happening because you are authenticating against a TM1 database that is configured with IntegratedSecurityMode=2. IntegratedSecurityMode 2 allows for both native authentication and Windows authentication. I think you should see the same two mode authentication prompt if you try logging into TM1Web. If you only want native authentication you will need to change the TM1 database to use IntegratedSecurityMode=1. There is no way to disable a specific authentication mode for just TM1Web or Workspace.
2 - English only. I confirmed this by looking at the snap command documnetation (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/fr/SSD29G_2.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.pa_trial.2.0.0.doc/c_prism_snap.html
) with my browser set to French. The actual commands are the exact same.
For items 5 and 6 can you provide more detail or maybe a screenshots? I don't see why the dimensions would be displayed differently between roles? Keep in mind that in Planning Analytics Workspace you need to be modeler or admin role to access some content (e.g control objects and Ti processes) regardless of your role in the TM1 database. Is it possible you are referencing modeling functionality that would require the modeler role?. It does make sense that the set/element selection widget would be slightly different depending on the axes of the view it currently sits on. For rows and columns you can select multiple elements. For the context (filter) axes you need to pick a single element (or a calculation/aggregation in select cases).
7 - Expected behaviour. Under the covers the calculation is stored in the views MDX. At some point in the future we would like to detach calculations and aggregations from view MDX so they can be shared between users and reused in multiple views. Think of the old UDC functionality (but the UDC would be stored as an object in PAW).
Let me know if this helps. I can dig into your other questions later (if Ryan and Chris don't get to them first...thanks team!)
IBM Planning Analytics Offering Manager
Sent: Tue December 03, 2019 09:20 AM
From: Robert MILLI
Subject: Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel & Workspace questions
Here a bunch of questions, as we're starting to use Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel & Workspace in real life :
- On the login page, how could we get rid of the choice between "Windows authentication" & "Native authentication" and use "Native authentication" as the default option ?
- What language can be used in snap commands ? Only English ?
- When you enter a snap command, PA seems to try to connect to all the TM1 servers available (listed) in the left pane tree. Is it the normal behavior and if so, can this try be done in silent mode ? If I have 10 TM1 server listed and I only have access to one, I don't want to see many popup windows which will ask for my credentials.
- How to define a default element on each dimension. When we create a new view on a Cube, for each dimension a default element is selected. How can we select this default element.
- Dimensions of a cube are not displayed in the same way whether you're an Admin on an Analyst on Workspace.
- The dimension selector behave differently when it's a row/column dimension or an offspread (filter) dimension
- In the French version of Planning Analytics Workspace, you can use the "retirer" option for a calculated member but it not only remove the element from the selection, it deletes completely the element from the view.
- What settle the language for Planning Analytics Workspace ? Everything is in English except Planning Analytics Workspace which is shown in French (I'm currently in France)
- On folder security, when you uncheck "inherited" from the access right window, everything is unchecked. I would expect that what is already checked remain "as is" and I can change each option individually
- Help on Planning Analytics Workspace 2.0.46 is not consistent regarding the version displayed in the documentation (2.0.45)
- Is there a link on the Planning Analytics Workspace documentation which links to the online documentation (most up to date)
- Copy/Paste from a Planning Analytics Workspace view. Using a Select A, to select all the cells, I can copy the cell content but not the headers... Is there a way to retain rows/columns header within a copy ?
- On Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel, on an exploration, is there a way to put a + sign in front of agregate elements ?
Thanks to those who will take the time to read this long list and provide answers !