You can customize the IBM Cognos Analytics interface to suit the needs of your organization. Customization samples in the form of ZIP files are available that demonstrate how to create themes, extensions, and views (perspectives). You can modify these samples to create your own customizations.
For example, you can replace the default home and login views. You can substitute your own theme (colors, logos, and brand text) for the default theming on all views. You can add a button to the Navigation Bar to open a specific dashboard.
After product installation, you can find the sample extension files here: [IBM Cognos Analytics installation directory]/samples/extensions
Extensions and themes are uploaded to IBM Cognos Analytics via the Manage > Customization panel.
Please note: Themes and Extensions are an incremental feature that changes with each product release. The samples included with each release have been verified with that release only and may not support backward or forward compatibility.
List of Extension Samples
- SampleExtensionButtonDashboard.zip An extension that adds a button to open a dashboard in all perspectives.
- SampleExtensionButtonFolder.zip An extension that adds a button to open a folder in all perspectives.
- SampleExtensionButtonOpenPerspective.zip An extension that creates a new view called “Sample view” and then adds a button to open it from all perspectives. Not available in 11.1.0 and 11.1.1.
- SampleExtensionButtonReport.zip An extension that adds a button to open a report in all perspectives.
- SampleExtensionButtonWebsite.zip An extension that adds a button to open a website in all perspectives.
- SampleExtensionContextMenuItem.zip An extension that adds a new menu item to the context menu for all report objects. The new menu item launches a controller that displays information about the selected object in a popup window.
- 11.0.7 SampleExtensionCustomMedia.zip An extension that adds seven custom images to the Image Library tab in the Widgets panel in Dashboarding and Stories. JPG and PNG files are supported.
- 11.0.8 SampleExtensionCustomMediaAll.zip This sample extension will add eight custom images to the Image Library tab in the Widgets panel in Dashboarding and Stories. It will also add the eight custom images to the Image Picker dialog in Reporting in the Image Gallery. JPG and PNG files are supported.
- 11.0.5 SampleExtensionCustomShape.zip An extension that adds custom shapes that can be used in dashboards.
- SampleExtensionExcludeDelete.zip An extension that removes the Delete button from the “home” perspective.
- SampleExtensionExcludeNotifications.zip An extension that removes the Notifications button from the “home” perspective.
- 11.1.0 - 11.1.5 SampleExtensionHelpMenu.zip An extension that adds a customized URL to the Help icon menu in the top Application Bar in all perspectives.
- 11.0.6 SampleExtensionMenuQuicklinks.zip An extension that adds a menu to the application bar (across top of screen). Common reports and dashboards are accessed directly from this menu.
- SampleExtensionMenuUrlLinks.zip This sample extension demonstrates how to add a menu to the AppBar that contains two menu items that open external URLs. The URLs are opened in a separate browser tab.
- SampleExtensionOpenFolderShowHideParent.zip An extension that shows the use of the skipAncestors option when opening a folder.
- SampleExtensionsAll.zip An extension that combines all of the following extensions into one:
- 11.0.6 SampleLogin.zip A customized view for the Cognos Analytics sign-in page for the Sample Outdoors Company example. Not available in 11.1.0 and 11.1.1.
- 11.0.7 SampleLoginMultiple.zip A custom Sign In page where the user can choose between two or more authentication types via a dropdown. Please visit this Blog post for more information. Not available in 11.1.0 and 11.1.1.
- 11.0.5 SampleExtensionTabs.zip An extension that adds a collection of tabs to the home view that provide quick access to certain reports and dashboards.
- SampleWelcome.zip A customized view for the Cognos Analytics welcome page for the Sample Outdoors Company example. themes sub-folder. Not available in 11.1.0 and 11.1.1.
List of Theme Samples
- SampleTheme.zip A theme that modifies the branding and color scheme for the Cognos Analytics user interface, optimized for the Sample Outdoors Company example.
- SampleThemeBlueGreen.zip A theme that modifies the color scheme for the Cognos Analytics user interface using a blue-green palette.
- SampleThemeDarkBlue.zip A theme that modifies the color scheme for the Cognos Analytics user interface using a dark blue palette.
- SampleThemeLight.zip A theme that modifies the color scheme for the Cognos Analytics user interface using a light palette.
Please visit our IBM Business Analytics Support
channel on YouTube