Topology Manager in Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps provides the ability to discover the Topology through Observer jobs. You can render, view, and manipulate topologies of resources for better understanding and also customize the display of topology elements and add custom elements and tools. In this article we will discuss how to customize the default Topology settings for various use-cases.
Before you begin
For this writing we have only installed Event Manager Operator of Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps, hence we will access Topology viewer from Event Manager. After Event Manager is installed, its accessible through the URL
e.g. https://netcool-evtmanager.waiopsdev-4c84f19c226faea77-0000.us-south.containers.appdomain.cloud. Follow doc
for list of users available to login to Event Manager and follow doc
to get the password for respective user.Assign roles
In order to see Topology viewer and manage Topology settings, user should be assigned inasm_admin, inasm_editor and inasm_operator
- Login to Event Manager as icpadmin user
- Click on 'Netcool WebGUI' from main navigation, this will navigate to IBM Dashboard application services hub (DASH GUI).
- Click on Console settings -> Group Roles from top right of the screen
- Click Search to search for all groups and select icpadmins group and then select the following three roles: inasm_admin, inasm_editor, inasm_operator
- Click Save at the bottom of the page