This document explains about how to send Instana Events directly to WAIOps 3.2.0 AIMgr through Kafka topic.
- A Microservice called
WAIOps Hub to be installed in WAIOps cluster.
- Instana can send alers to
WAIOps Hub via Webhook.
WAIOps Hub will convert the instana events to NOI events and push the events to NOI Kafka topic in AIMgr.
- AIMgr will process the event and create Alerts.
WAIOps Hub can be installed via the script files/deploy-waiops-hub.sh. Here are the steps.
1. Update NAMESPACE property
In the above script file, update the below property to point to WAIOps AIMgr installed namespace
2. Update NOI_KAFKA_TOPIC property
Update the below property to point to NOI Kafka topic that is created in AIMgr.
3. Severity Filter property (Optional)
This property helps to process only the instana events that contains severity in the given range.
This is optional and leave the below default values as it is to skip the severity filter.
If you want to enable the severity filter, you can modify them.
- FILTER_SEVERITY_ENABLED - true
- FILTER_SEVERITY_FROM - Severity start value
- FILTER_SEVERITY_TO - Severity end value
4. Login into OCP Cluster
Login into the OCP Cluster where WAIOps AIMgr is installed
5. Install the WAIOps Hub
Run the script to install the WAIOps Hub microservice.
As a result, the WebHook url will be printed like the below.
WebHook URL : http://waiops-hub-core-waiops-hub-ns.aiops-320-4c84f197-0000.eu-de.containers.appdomain.cloud/api/core/instanaEvent
6. Create Instana Alert Channel
Create Instana alert channel with webhook and give the above printed url.
7. Create Instana Alert
alert for the corresponding Event and select the above created
8. Create Custom Payload for NodeAlias
Create custom payload in Isntana for the NodeAlias field.
More details about this in : https://github.com/ibm-gsi-ecosystem/watson-ai-ops-instana/tree/main/3-custom-payload
9. Generate the event and see the Alert in AIMgr AlertViewer.
Put the load in the application to generate the Instana event and see the event is created as alert in
3. Events and Mapping
3.1 Events Status : Open
3.2 Events Status : Close
As mentioned above the Instana event fields are mapped to NOI events fields. It can be overridden by creating the CustomPayLoads in Instana. The following fields in the NOI events can be overridden by usingCustomPayLoads fields.
4.1 Instana Event with CustomPayLoads
text field in Instana is mapped to
Summary field in NOI.
There are three types possible here.
- Type 1: Without CustomPayLoads
- Type 2: With CustomPayLoads and Summary field
- Type 3: With CustomPayLoads and Summary1, Summary2, Summary3, Summary4 fields
5. NOI Event to Alert Viewer Mapping
6. ReInstall and Remove
To reinstall or remove this
WAIOps Hub, you can delete the namespace
oc delete ns waiops-hub-ns
This is #POC#howto#setup#install#configure#Instana#CloudPakforWatsonAIOps#Integration#WAIOpshub#observability#ingest#monitoring#events
WAIOps Hub is intended for POC.