Community Site Leader,
Welcome to the IBM Storage community! I'm Douglas Moran, the site leader for the IBM Storage community.
I'm excited to work with you to build this community and elevate it to the next level of insight and valuable discussion. We want this to become the main way for you to connect with other IBM Storage users; share best practices; access technical information like webinars, forums, and blogs; and ask for advice. First, let me share our IBM Community objective:
“We are not here to talk at you, our customers. We are here to help you talk to each other, and to us.”
I share this because I want you to know we are serious about fostering an authentic community. You have our commitment that this is a safe space to connect with other users and share your knowledge and ideas.
What will you find in the Storage Community?
We are launching our discussion under six topic groups:
- Data Protection Software: IBM Spectrum Protect, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus and IBM Spectrum Copy Data Manager
- DS8000 Transparent Cloud Tiering:
- File and Object Storage: Our Data and AI storage infrastructure software including IBM Spectrum Scale and IBM Cloud Object Storage to IBM Spectrum Discover and more.
- Storage Fusion: IBM Spectrum Fusion; Ways that Storage products work with Red Hat and Kubernetes
- Mainframe Storage: The DS8900 and ways it completes the IBM Z and Linux One solution portfolio
- Primary Storage: The IBM FlashSystem family and IBM Spectrum Virtualize software which simplifies storage for hybrid multicloud; tools such as IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Spectrum Insights; and the Brocade and Cisco switches for optimized use with IBM Z Systems.
- Tape Storage: The IBM TS7700 virtual tape storage family, tape libraries and drives including IBM Spectrum Archive.
We have also create a new Global Storage topic group to encourage greater interaction among the various storage customers
Community events to connect with other customers and experts, including webinars and industry conferences.
Our members are full of expertise and thought leadership. We want give them a platform to share their thoughts and insights -- and blogs are a great way to do so. Learn more about becoming an IBM Community blogger here.
Top resources to help you succeed. This will include code samples, smart papers, tutorials, and much more.
Tip of the week
What is “Tip of the week”? This section allows community members to stay up-to-date with the latest insights and training from experts across IBM Storage. Please check out the first tip here.
This community is meant for you, our valued customers and partners. Please join in, share your expertise and feedback, learn from others, and strengthen your own personal brand. If there is a topic you want more on, start a thread and tag me.
Thanks again for being here, and welcome to the IBM Storage Community!