Welcome to IBM Community!
You are now part of a 200,000+ member network of product users and experts, industry leaders, educators, learners, practitioners, and casual enthusiasts. As robust as we are today, we are still just getting started; just a few months ago, we revamped our site to unify the community experience for our users. We spent about a year gathering feedback and input from members and key stakeholders and redesigned our platform to give you what you need first, which you, as our members, have identified as: access and open collaboration with SMEs as well as like-minded peers; education; resources and news on products and industry topics; and live and on-demand events.
First, please meet your community leaders. We are here to make sure you have the best member experience possible.
Ask Me About: Cloud Integration, ITSM, Middleware, Maximo, Tririga, Automation, Application Infrastructure, community engagement, Webcasts, Cats, Tea
Hobbies: Traveling, Music, Beaches, Walking the dog in the forest, Communities from online to helping my local community projects.
Favorite Community Memory: Helping and attending all the local user groups around the world, meeting new people and bringing the community together online.
Fun Fact: I am a crazy cat lady who loves sci-fi, Horse riding and growing my own vegetables and fruit in my little English garden.
- Role: IBM Data Science and Business Analytics Community Leader
- Ask Me About: Data Science, AI, Cognos Analytics, Planning Analytics, community engagement, social media, basketball, restaurant recommendations in San Jose
- Hobbies: Travel, yoga, real estate, the beach, reading psychological thrillers and non-fiction, and socializing over a nice meal\
- Favorite Community Memory: Executing Community Day at IBM's annual Data & AI Forum in Miami, FL, where we hosted 1500 attendees and collaborated with IBM Sales and Design to share the community mission.
- Fun Fact: I grew up playing classical piano and played on the Division I Long Beach State Women's Basketball team
- Role: Hybrid Data Management (HDM) and Cloud Pak for Data Community Leader
- Ask Me About: Db2 products, Informix, Netezza, Cloud Pak for Data
- Hobbies: Writing (fiction, non-fiction, & my blog), Swing dancing, Tai Chi, online games with my college buds, reading SF (Neal Stephenson & Dan Simmons are two faves), film, the-ah-tuh, museums.
- Favorite Community Memory: Meeting all kinds of people from all over the world at Think 2019.
- Fun Fact: I took a class on the American Musical from Tom Lehrer; was on the UC Santa Cruz (go Slugs!) 1985-86 All-Cal champion fencing team (saber)
- Role: DataOps, Watson Apps and Business Analytics Community Leader
- Ask Me About: DataOps, AI, social media, digital marketing, and Analytics
- Hobbies: Hiking, blading, film, travel, and interior design
- Favorite Community Memory: Meeting and hanging out with members of the Analytics Community in San Francisco
- Fun Fact: The spelling of my name is unique, Nickolus
- Role: Public Cloud Community Leader
- Ask Me About: Hybrid Cloud, Content Marketing, Podcasting, YouTube Channel Management.
- Hobbies: DJing, Movies (favorite director is Guy Ritchie), Documentaries, Wine Tasting, Learning the Guitar, Boxing Workouts, Sneaker Collecting
- Favorite Community Memory: I just started, so I'll have to get back to you.
- Fun Fact: I once was brought on stage to "sing" (and I use that term very loosely) with Lisa Fischer, longtime backup singer for The Rolling Stones.
- Role: IBM Automation Community Leader, global meetup outreach lead for IBM Data Science Community
- Ask Me About: Participatory online events
- Hobbies: Trail running, learning Spanish, traveling off the beaten path, watching movies at the movies
- Favorite Community Memory: Whenever people share and learn together to change the world!
- Fun Fact: Back in 2005, I started Web Monday, a community of local grassroots events connecting thousands of internet innovators and startup entrepreneurs in 50+ locations across German-speaking Europe, with more than 1,500 meetups held since.
- Role: Community & Champions Manager, IBM Security
- Ask Me About: QRadar, CP4S, Guardium, Verify
- Hobbies:Tennis & Skiing (yes, I ski double black diamonds and I love the moguls)
- Favorite Community Memory: Our first Master Skills University and finally getting to meet all of our Community members
- Fun Fact: My mother is from Italy and I speak fluent Italian!
Let's make sure you're all set to maximize your member benefits.
Get started in 3 easy steps
1. Sign in
- In the upper-right hand corner, click Sign-In or Join.
- Create an IBM ID.
- Check your email for a code to complete IBM ID registration.
- Once you have your IBM ID, return to the community page to sign in.
2. Create a profile
Letting the community know who you are helps our team of community managers better tailor your experience, helps you make better connections with members and build personal eminence, and offers insights on how best to organize unique community events and experiences. Make sure to include your location and photo and start earning points and badges!
You can track your accomplishments and badges, contributions, connections, and more in your profile.
3. Introduce yourself
You're all set to share your expertise, ask questions, make connections, and of course earn points and climb the community leaderboard. Check out and join some of these groups to jump into discussions.
Once you're signed in, you're ready to explore our communities!
Each community covers a topic or product group that contains individualized groups within. Start from our home page to find a selection of communities to join:
As you join communities, as well as the groups within each community, you'll find a list of your associations in your profile for easy navigation:
Each community contains three highlights across the top of the page, followed by groups, and then a customized view of news and events so you'll always have easy access to the latest updates. See an example here
Here is a cheat sheet
to download and easily share with others how to get started on the IBM Community. Follow us on Twitter
for daily updates, and of course our Community Front Porch,
which features the latest updates and news spanning all communities.
Now, let's give you a quick tour of what you'll find in our community groups. Click here for a quick tour of group features
IBM Community 101: Navigating groups
IBM Community 101: Posting a blog
IBM Community 101: Meet your community leaders