The latest release of Cognos Analytics, R7 is here and I am excited to share the details about all of the new functionality.
Cognos Analytics R7 puts more capabilities at your fingertips for working with and analyzing your data, all without leaving the environment. And, creating pixel-perfect, interactive professional reports just got a lot faster.
This new release is chock full of new capabilities and enhancements that cover all aspects of the product starting from the improved U.I., to dashboarding, reporting, modeling, data server, and the list goes on. Some of the highlights include capabilities that make it easier for users to use more of the data preparation, data discovery and reporting capabilities with:
- New, enhanced visualization types with measures as attributes on axis, support for chart values and more
- Calculation advancements for data modules and dashboards
- Filtering enhancements that enable you to do more with your filters in both your visualizations and reports
- Support for maps in your reports for greater readability and precision
- Navigation enhancements that make it easier for report users to drill down and back to change the focus of their analysis
For more details on all of the new capabilities in R7 check out the series of blogs below, and you can access the free trial of Cognos Analytics which has been updated as well:#What'snew?#Release#cognosanalytics#11.0.7#Resources