Join / Log in Explore Content
Anybody knows why IBM stopped supporting ISIS scanning standard as from release 9.1.7?
ISIS is very common and wildly used, mainly on heavy duty scanners.
Moshe Yavniel, Deputy CEO, IFN
T: +972 (0)9-7638904 \ M: +972 (0)54-801 6301
Why IBM Datacap MUST support ISIS?
1. All heavy duty scanners (high level such as Kodak 4000/3000, Panasonic 4650) – support both
2. However, all our customers are using VRS (by Kofax)) for Bar-Code recognition and for improving image quality and VRS support only ISIS
3. We can't change the customer setup for ISIS as the scanner may be used for other applications, not only Datacap
4. TWAIN seems slower vs. ISIS on heavy duty
5. Who will pay for this migration to TWAIN?