As technology relentlessly accelerates the pace of change, automation technologies are increasingly important in helping organizations optimize resources, reduce labor costs, streamline processes, facilitate collaboration and drive profits to stay ahead of the curve.
The rise of the no-code movement has made tools accessible to mass market to automate business processes in a matter of hours to increase efficiency without a dependency on IT.
No-code and low-code platforms replace programming with features such as a visual form builder, a drag-and-drop interface, and prebuilt integrations with point-and-click wizards. They enable users who are not coders by trade to quickly build reusable forms, workflows and business rules for routine tasks (e.g., time-off requests, purchase orders and travel requests).
IBM recently announced a new capability for business automation professionals: IBM Automation Workstream Services. This new capability is a part of IBM Cloud Pak for Automation, enabling the business to manage and automate work efficiently using modernized authoring tools
With this release, a set of pre-defined productivity services are provided to enable business users to:
- Manage approvals.
- Ensure required actions are complete.
- Coordinate activities with their co-workers.
IBM Automation Workstream Services provides:
Productivity Services - Business users can configure, publish and launch productivity services.
- Configure an approval, checklist or sequence of steps in less than 15 minutes without having any dependency on IT.
- Help business users complete daily activities efficiently to optimize time against the growing work demand.
No code - Business users can focus on their business objectives without having to worry about any technical considerations.
- Increases time-to-value by enabling the business to be self sufficient.
- Only the essential business information is required to configure an activity.
- The user interface and process flow are automatically generated based on the business configuration.
Governance - Role-based access controls are in place to govern the configuration, publication and execution of productivity services.
- Provides the necessary governance without restricting business agility.
For more Information see the Announcement Letter or the new Knowledge Center Documentation.