Maximo Anywhere

 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Anywhere build all process - The specified Maximo address is not reacheable

  • 1.  Anywhere build all process - The specified Maximo address is not reacheable

    Posted Mon March 23, 2020 05:30 PM
    Edited by Ryan Medernach Mon March 23, 2020 05:31 PM
    I'm curious if anywhere has seen this error message when trying to run the build all command for Anywhere 7.6.4



    BUILD FAILED
    D:\IBM\Anywhere\MaximoAnywhere\build.xml:192: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\IBM\Anywhere\MaximoAnywhere\build.xml:419: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\IBM\Anywhere\MaximoAnywhere\anywhere-system-verification.xml:321: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\IBM\Anywhere\MaximoAnywhere\anywhere-apps-builder.xml:134: The specified Maximo address is not reacheable.

    I've got a case open with IBM currently but if someone has seen/defeated this already that would be great.

    ------------------------------
    Ryan Medernach
    Application Support
    MEG Energy
    Calgary AB
    -
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: Anywhere build all process - The specified Maximo address is not reacheable

    Posted Mon March 23, 2020 11:14 PM
    I'll take a look at the case,  but based on where you are seeing the error its just during the check to see if Maximo is up and running and not during any deployment steps.   Have you confirmed the address from the logs is reachable from the build server,  do you see any SSL related exceptions in the http server or websphere server logs?

    ------------------------------
    Shane Howard
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: Anywhere build all process - The specified Maximo address is not reacheable

    Posted Tue March 24, 2020 08:30 AM
    I believe we have experienced similar issue. As @Shane Howard mentioned it had to do with checking Maximo availability rather than deploying the app itself.
    In our installation (WAS 8.5.5.x, Maximo 7.6.0.9, Langs: EN, SV, DA, NO, FI) logs Maximo kept reporting nasty NullPointerException at the time when Anywhere build script was trying to check its availability (I'm sorry - I don't have full stack trace at the moment). When we used the same URL in the web browser as the one configured in build.properties everything looked just fine.
    After some tracing we noticed that Maximo fails in one of core web classes resolving user's locale/language. It simply expects 'Accept-Language' HTTP header which apparently is not being sent by Ant script, whilst web browser is always sending it.
    Since we were sure everything is fine with Maximo we simply commented out Anywhere MX availability check and moved forward. I believe though that this requires IBM's attention.

    ------------------------------
    Andrzej Wieclaw
    ------------------------------