We are pleased to announce the general availability of IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, v8.0 SR8 FP15 (18.104.22.168) across all supported platforms. The binaries have been made available across all distribution sites as on November 16th, 2023. This release is based on Oracle's Oct’23 CPU update.
IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, v8.0 SR8 FP15 contains the following key updates:
- IBM Security features, as listed in Security guide.
- Features from the latest Eclipse OpenJ9 release, as listed in the Version 0.41.0 OpenJ9 user documentation.
- Other SDK features like:
- New operating system and hardware support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15 SP5. For more information, see Supported environments.
- InstallAnywhere packages of IBM® SDK, Java™ Technology Edition will be discontinued starting with the first quarter release of 2024. Please find more details here.
- Refer to 'What's New' in IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, v8.0 SR8 FP15 for more details.
- IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, v8.0 documentation is available here.