Peer into the future of your storage needs
Planning for your future capacity needs is an important part of ensuring that your operations keep running smoothly as your organization grows. With the rapid proliferation of applications and devices into every aspect of business, the demand for data storage has never been higher
To help you stay ahead of demand, avoid critical capacity shortages, and make more informed purchasing decisions, you now have the ability to forecast your future capacity needs based on analysis of your historical capacity usage.
By using past metrics and advanced formulas, you can project, chart, and report on future capacity usage for block storage systems, file storage systems, pools (by tier), and STaaS environments.
Monitoring IBM Storage Ceph
In today's crowded storage market, you have many options for how and where to store your data. One of the key challenges for any organization is to manage all that disparate storage efficiently and with a proactive approach to solving problems when they occur. That's where IBM Storage Insights steps in. It was built from the ground up as a single pane of glass for monitoring and troubleshooting a diverse set of storage devices and environments.
In this update, the ability to manage your storage is expanded to include IBM Storage Ceph® storage systems. IBM Storage Ceph is an open, massively scalable, simplified data storage solution for modern data pipelines.
Use IBM Storage Insights to get a view of key capacity and configuration information about your monitored IBM Storage Ceph storage systems, such as IP address, Object Storage Demons (OSDs), total capacity, used capacity, and much more. You can also easily spot which storage systems require your attention.
Monitoring your IBM Storage as a Service
IBM Storage as a Service (STaaS) monitoring is now available with DS8000® storage systems. Previously, you were able to monitor STaaS environments for IBM FlashSystem® storage systems. Now, you can get the same key insights into the capacity usage, potential shortages, and billing overages of STaaS environments backed by DS8000 storage systems.
Enhancements to monitoring with Call Home
The ability to monitor IBM Spectrum Virtualize storage systems without a data collector by using Call Home with cloud services was updated with the following enhancements:
- More monitored events to keep you updated: Being aware of the changes on your IBM Spectrum Virtualize storage systems is an important part of monitoring your storage environment. Now, the ability to track and view those changes in real time is expanded to include even more events so that you don't miss out.
- More information about storage systems that connect through Call Home with cloud services: Use the new Data Collection Type value to quickly identify which of your monitored storage systems use Call Home with cloud services and which use data collectors for metadata collection. Use the Data Collection value to track the status of metadata collection for storage systems that use Call Home with cloud services.
- Picking the right log package for a ticket just got easier: You can now select and upload an existing log package for storage systems that connect through Call Home with cloud services. Up to 10 existing log packages are available for you to select, starting with the most recent.
That's not all!
To see a full list of all the changes in Q1 2023, check out https://ibm.biz/insightswhatsnew.
How do I get IBM Storage Insights?
If you manage IBM block storage systems, but don't already have the free version of IBM Storage Insights, sign up today.
What you need to know about signing up for IBM Storage Insights:
You'll need an IBM ID. It will be your administrator account and single point of access to IBM Storage Insights. It's also used by IBM to communicate key updates, announcements, and your unique URL. Ensure that the email address associated with your IBM ID is valid and keep an eye out for important messages from IBM.
If you don't have an IBM ID, don't worry. Getting one is easy. Just complete this Create an IBM account.
To purchase a full subscription to IBM Storage Insights Pro:
- Go to the IBM Storage Insights page on ibm.com.
- Click Pricing and then Purchase now to learn about and purchase a subscription.