Enhanced container, application, workload, and cloud support with IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.11, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus V10.1.7, and IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management V2.2.12
Today sees the release of IBM’s letter of announcement for IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.11, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus V10.1.7, and IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management V2.2.12.
Here are some highlights.
- Introduction of support for Red Hat® OpenShift®
- Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes protection for clusters and Kubernetes metadata saved in etcd
- Recover Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift workloads in alternate locations
- Disaster recovery for container data (persistent volume claims) and metadata saved in etcd
- Containerize IBM Spectrum Protect Plus Server and enable deployment in Red Hat OpenShift environments
- Container Storage Interface (CSI) driver support to include support and Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage (OCS) Ceph® RADOS Block Devices (RBD)
- Enhanced Microsoft™ Windows™ file system support with performance and scalability.
IBM Copy Data Management 2.2.12
- Support for Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System (Oracle ACFS) on AIX®
- Performance improvements for supported IBM devices
- Support for Purity CloudSnap and Purity ActiveCluster for Pure Storage
- Support for HPE Nimble Storage.
To learn more, you can read the announcement letter here.
Important: Terms and conditions apply. For more information about the release, see the announcement letter.