Happy 5th Anniversary IBM Security Community!
I am thrilled to have reached this milestone and I want to take a moment to reflect on our journey, the challenges we've faced, and the progress we've made. Since our inception, our community has grown into a robust global network of security clients, partners, champions, enthusiasts, all working together to combat cyber threats.
Our IBM Security Community has accomplished several significant milestones.
- Membership Growth: 15,300+ members. Our community has grown from a handful of members to thousands of cybersecurity professionals worldwide in (240+ countries)
- Knowledge Sharing: We've facilitated (2500 attendees & 6500 registrants*) to our webinar program, (1300) blogs, (290,000) blog views and (6700) discussion threads enabling our members to learn about the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in cybersecurity.
- Advocacy: We've partnered with over 75+ IBM Security Champions to promote awareness and education on cybersecurity. In addition, our IBM Security Partner members (900+) continually contribute to our site in record numbers. These partnerships have helped us build a strong network of allies and resources to fight cybercrime. Are you an IBM Partner? Join our Community Partner Program.
The cybersecurity landscape constantly evolves, and our members have faced many challenges over the past five years. Despite the challenges, we remain optimistic about the future of cybersecurity. Here are some of our goals for the next five years:
- Growth & Engagement: We aim to grow our community, reaching new members from diverse backgrounds and regions worldwide. Keep sharing about our amazing community and invite colleagues to join us.
- Education and Training: We will continue providing educational resources and training to our members, enabling them to stay updated with the latest trends and technologies. Get access to free training on Security Learning Services and earn IBM credential badges.
- Collaboration: No single tool or security concept will significantly impact the overall cyber landscape more than collaboration. We aim to continue to work with our global partners, clients, and IBM subject matter experts to continue to build on our community of collective knowledge. Help us answer some of our unanswered forum questions.
We've grown into a vibrant and active community of cybersecurity professionals working together to combat cyber threats. By all of us working together, we become aware of people’s strengths and expertise. Your presence and knowledge are valuable to our community, please share your expertise and help continue to grow our global network of cybersecurity experts. The Security Community needs you.
It has been an honor and a privilege working on this effort and I thank everyone for making it the huge success it is. Let’s keep the momentum going 😊
I would love to hear from you in the comments section below how the IBM Security [User] Community has supported & helped you and your organization! Please share your feedback.
*our webinar program started tracking stats in 2022