Tenable: The preferred partner for transitioning IBM Vulnerability Assessment customers
The IBM end-of-sale date for QRadar Vulnerability Assessment was November 10, 2020. The last day for renewals with IBM is April 30, 2022 and the IBM end-of-service date is April 30, 2023. To help customers transition, IBM and Tenable are partnering to make the migration process as smooth as possible by offering industry-leading solutions, best-in-class integrations, and professional services incentives exclusively for IBM customers. Reach out to QVM@tenable.com today to get in touch with a Tenable representative.
Why did IBM select Tenable as the preferred partner for QVM customers?
- Tenable is the clear market leader based on analyst feedback:
- “Tenable is a great choice for enterprises looking for a VRM vendor that provides strong prioritization and reporting across device types.” - Forrester, The Forrester Wave™: Vulnerability Risk Management, Q4 2019, October 2019
- "Tenable is working toward moving its customers away from vulnerability management as a compliance-based reporting medium into a risk-based solution designed to help organizations manage and measure cyber-risk across the modern attack surface.” - IDC, Worldwide Device Vulnerability Management Market Shares, 2019: Finding the Transitional Elements Between Device Assessment Scanning and Risk-Based Remediation (doc # US46284720, May 2020)
- Tenable covers more vulnerabilities than its competitors based on an independent third party report:
- #1 in CVE coverage
- #1 in CVE coverage for CVSSv2 high-severity
- #1 in CVE coverage across top enterprise vendors
- Tenable can be deployed both on-prem and in the cloud:
- Thanks to Tenable's deep investment in vulnerability research and product development, the same market-leading CVE and CIS Benchmark coverage offered by Tenable.io is also provided in Tenable.sc™ and Nessus®. These investments have made Nessus not just number one in coverage, but also in accuracy, delivering the industry’s lowest false-positive rate with six-sigma accuracy.
- Tenable eases the transition and migration process:
- Tenable offers migration services to help customers transition from one VM platform to another and has years of experience working with customers on successful transitions.
- Aggressive discounts are available to IBM QVM scanner customers for both training and implementation services to ensure customers are realizing value as quickly as possible.
- Tenable works directly with IBM Security development teams to ensure product compatibility and ongoing support.
- Tenable has the best out-of-the-box integrations with IBM:
- QRadar via the Tenable App for QRadar. The Tenable App for QRadar provides data enrichment and additional context on QRadar offenses, allowing users to correlate Tenable findings with offenses. This integration improves QRadar’s situational security awareness and compliance support. The latest version includes the following key features:
- Added rule-based scanning for Tenable.io and Tenable.sc
- Added the ability to initiate a scan with a right-click for Tenable.io and Tenable.sc
- Added a dashboard to track scan status
- Cloud Pak for Security via the Tenable Connected Assets and Risk connector
- Tenable plugin for MaaS360
- X-Force Red Vulnerability Management Services is a Tenable partner
- X-Force Red, IBM Security’s team of hackers, can deploy, configure and manage your Tenable solution for you. Our global vulnerability management team works with you to:
- Identify your most critical IT systems
- Tune existing or new scanner deployments to explore your internal and external network infrastructure
- Identify the most critical vulnerabilities exposing your systems
- Eliminate false positives and remediate those vulnerabilities prioritized by risk and exploit weaponization with the most up-to-date patching and countermeasures.
Tenable App for QRadar
Tenable Connected Assets and Risk Connector for IBM Cloud Pak for Security
Tenable plugin for MaaS360
Leverage vulnerability findings from Tenable.sc and Tenable.io to complement real-time visibility of your IT infrastructure and enhance threat detection and prioritization.
Identify, investigate and prioritize vulnerabilities that are managed in the Cloud.
Import asset lists and asset data to determine to understand the cyber exposure of mobile devices being managed by IBM.
The future is bright.
Today, over 30,000 organizations around the world rely on Tenable to help them understand and reduce cybersecurity risk. Tenable’s goal is to arm every organization, no matter how large or small, with the visibility and insight to answer four critical questions at all times: Where are we exposed? Where should we prioritize based on risk? Are we reducing our exposure over time? How do we compare to our peers?
IBM Security offers one of the most advanced and integrated portfolios of enterprise security products and services. IBM operates one of the world's broadest security research, development and delivery organizations, monitors 150 billion+ security events per day in more than 130 countries, and has been granted more than 3,000 security patents worldwide.
Tenable and IBM Security have a great partnership and continue to invest in our joint solutions. When you invest in Tenable and IBM Security, you are investing in the best-of-class technology for the long run.
For more information, please email QVM@tenable.com.
To start a trial, please visit Tenable.com/IBM.