Guardium Insights version 3.1 is now available.
If you haven't had a chance to check out the webcast or read the announcement blog, you may be wondering: so, what? It's an incremental release. What could a 0.1 update possibly include? Well, hang onto your hats since the answer is: quite a lot.
The big news is the tech preview of Guardium Insights direct S-Tap streaming
. As a tech preview, this is not yet available in production, but you can still get a taste of what's coming (reach out to your IBM representative to learn more). The mission is to reduce collectors to free up computing resources and streamline data security architecture.
But what else was released? In continuing to build an adaptive, connected, and intelligent modern data security hub, Guardium Insights 3.1 delivers:
- A streamlined connections experience to quickly begin monitoring a wide variety of data sources (including Snowflake, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Couchbase, and many more).
- Not having to wait for new connections by easily building or adding connections built with the open-source Guardium Universal Connector Framework.
- A fully customizable UI to add, delete, and move report readouts and analytics dashboards on the Guardium Insights console to create the data security view that's right for you.
- Deeper integration with powerful security tools:
- General enhancements and further customization of analytics (anomaly rule creation), compliance policies (the addition of result-set policy), and more
While these are the noteworthy changes in Guardium Insights 3.1, they are far from the only exciting capabilities Guardium Insights has to offer. For those unfamiliar, Guardium Insights is a data security hub built on containerized architecture
to scale easily and deploy anywhere.
It brings with it long-term data retention
to store data activity and compliance data for years and advanced analytics (sequential analytics and outlier detection) and risk scoring
to help understand and prioritize threats within that activity data. Custom compliance policy creation and enforcement
help meet compliance quicker - and with fewer headaches. Granular control of audit tasks and automation of reporting cadences
help keep auditors happy while reducing administrative strain.
And integration with (among dozens of other critical tools) ServiceNow, IBM Security QRadar, and IBM Cloud Pak for Security
boost collaboration and take data security out of a silo - supporting zero trust
initiatives by sharing contextual, actionable data activity monitoring (DAM) and data risk information across IT and security teams.
Follow the evolution of Guardium Insights, and learn more in the handy links below:
Guardium Insights 3.1 Announcement Webinar Replay
Guardium Insights Product PageGuardium Insights Product Data SheetGuardium Insights 3.1 Product Documentation and Release NotesIBM Security for Zero Trust#datasecurity#Guardium#guardiuminsights#ibmsecurity