IBM Security Guardium Data Encryption (GDE) protects enterprise data with encryption and encryption key management that is built for the hybrid multicloud environment. It consists of a unified suite of products, built on a common infrastructure, that include data encryption, tokenization, data masking, and key lifecycle management capabilities to help protect and control access to sensitive data.
With this version 5.0 release of GDE, you will continue to receive the benefits of a best-in-class data protection solution.
New features include:
- A new user interface for the centralized management of data encryption and encryption keys. CipherTrust Manager, formerly known as the Data Security Manager or DSM, is the improved central management point, providing key and data access policy management.
- Integration with IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Crypto Services, a dedicated key management service and HSM that provides you with the “Keep Your Own Key” capability for cloud data encryption. Built on FIPS 140-2 Level 4 certified hardware, Hyper Protect Crypto Services provides you with exclusive control of your encryption keys for an extra layer of security for your encrypted data.
- Support of Amazon S3 cloud storage so that organizations can apply transparent encryption and access controls to sensitive data in S3 buckets, encrypting files and databases before they are written to Amazon S3 buckets.
- Improved application encryption capabilities that include fine grained access control by users and groups and time-based encryption policies.
- Backwards compatibility with GDE v.4.0 for current customers.
To learn more about Guardium Data Encryption, please take a look at these resources: