The most recent KuppingerCole Leadership Compass Report focuses on unified endpoint management (UEM) and names IBM as one of only six companies in the Overall Leaders segment. KuppingerCole, an international, independent analyst organization, specializes in offering advice and thought leadership in several key areas of cyber security. KuppingerCole reports are well respected and provide companies with unbiased assistance in market segment evaluations for product decisions.
The Overall Leadership evaluation rating included three components: Product Leadership, Innovation Leadership and Market Leadership.
Who made it into the top six as an Overall UEM Leader?
What criteria was used to evaluate the UEM Solutions?
- Overall functionality
- Size of the company
- Number of customers
- Number of developers
- Partner ecosystem
- Licensing model
- Platform support
Aside from the baseline features such as delegated administration and reporting, all endpoint management solutions had to support centralized management of the various types of endpoints, as well as endpoint applications and overall configuration. Features such as license management, asset management, contract management, patch management, or help desk services were also considered but not mandatory.
What are a few key highlights from IBM’s Evaluation?
Let’s take a look at how KuppingerCole evaluate IBM’s UEM solution, IBM Security MaaS360 with Watson:
- IBM MaaS360 with Watson has evolved from a traditional cloud-based endpoint management product to an AI-enabled software-as-a-service (SaaS) unified endpoint management (UEM) platform designed to give enterprises the ability to manage and secure a wide range of devices.
- IBM covers a wide range of features such as: endpoint device, application, identity, content, patch, asset, license, and expense management, endpoint security, device provisioning, tracking, and health monitoring.
- MaaS360 also gives broad support of endpoint types beyond desktop, laptops, and mobile devices to include tablets, wearables, IoT, and printers.
- Multiple endpoint operating systems are supported such as: iOS, Android, Windows 10, macOS, Chrome, as well as Windows 7, XP, and Zebra LinkOS.
- One key strength is MaaS360 with Watson provides intelligence and cognitive abilities which gives actionable insights and contextual analytics.
Learn more about MaaS360: IBM Security’s UEM solution
To see how MaaS360 uses AI and analytics to secure endpoint and mobile environments, we invite you to try the interactive demo.#MaaS360#Highlights-home#Highlights