What’s new in the IBM i2 portfolio (December 2020)?
With the 4Q20 releases, IBM i2 continues to help accelerate investigation, analysis and intelligence production, including new collaborative capabilities, additional flexibility for data acquisition, improved performance and wider deployment options.
December 17, 2020 general availability:
- IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis 2.3.4 (including Investigate Add On 2.3.4, Recommendation Engine Add On 2.3.4)
- IBM i2 Connect 1.0.3
- IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook Premium 9.2.3
- IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook 9.2.3
- IBM i2 Chart Reader 9.2.3
November and December 2020: i2 iBase 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 (following September continuous delivery release of i2 iBase 9.0). Link to 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 download information.
4Q20 release highlights include the following portfolio enhancements:
- Collaboration: NEW chart store for i2 Analyst’s Notebook Premium and i2 Connect users. It gives users the capability to store, search, and share charts to foster collaborative working and unlock the intelligence held in i2 charts for a wider community of users. The same capability became available previously for i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis.
- Fusion: Further enhancements to the i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis fusion capabilities. Fusion rules are now applicable to data copied between charts. This enhancement increases efficiency by removing the need for manual processing.
- Performance: Ingestion performance improvements for i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis. Improved performance benchmarks for high volume data which can be leveraged to guide deployment plans and increase efficiency, performance, and time to value.
- Data Acquisition: Greater “i2 connect” flexibility for efficient data acquisition from other data sources, improved user experience, and the capability to run asynchronous queries (applies to both i2 Connect and i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis users).
- Deployment: Increased flexibility for i2 Enterprise Intelligence Analysis by adding support for the use of Docker containers in production environments. It enables clients to dynamically employ i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis in their cloud of choice.
- Prerelease evaluation code: Inclusion of prerelease evaluation code for i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis users that provides a technical preview of a link analysis web client. Users can test this early release preview and provide feedback and input to help inform the ongoing development effort. This capability is not intended for production use.
Note: IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium's local analysis repository and IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis's group analysis repository utilize Microsoft Silverlight technology. Microsoft has announced that Silverlight will reach the end of support on October 12, 2021. Follow up to our “statement of general direction” in the April 2020 announcement letter, the analysis repositories have been removed from these, and future, releases of i2 Analyst’s Notebook Premium, i2 Connect and i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis.
To read more, here are the announcement letter links:
Helpful links to Knowledge Center, by product:
IBM i2 iBase documentation#i2