We believe you have been enjoying working with PowerVC 1.4.0. While you were using it, we've been working behind the scenes to make it even better.
So here, we proudly announce the grand unveiling of PowerVC 1.4.0 fix pack 1, the new update to PowerVC that comes with the following features and a couple of fixes to make your life even easier (not mention faster!):
- POWER9™ - PowerVC now supports POWER9 hardware. This support requires NovaLink 18.104.22.168.
- powervc-config event - New command that allows you to configure the events that get stored in Panko service.
- Field issue fixes (APARs) - For more information about any of these APARs, search for the
APAR number at IBM Support.
- IT23973 - SSH session/connection leak happens when deploying a VM or creating volumes when storage is SVC.
- IT23723 - PowerVC failed to create mirror copy when storage is SVC.
- IT24009 - Error during migration on Novalink.
- IT24071 - Messages are not working after upgrade to 1.4.0.
Why wait?! Go ahead and install the PowerVC 1.4.0 fix pack right away! As always, it is available here in Fix Central.
For full instructions to download and install a fix, see Getting fixes from Fix Central in the PowerVC Knowledge
Center (which has been updated as well).