What is a User Group?
A group of customers, IBMers, and IBM business partners who actively work with IBM Solutions and are interested in learning and sharing information about their solutions with other members.
User Group Structure
User groups are independently owned and run by IBM customers.
Leadership consists of a User Group Leader (an IBM customer or business partner) and a User Group Liaison (an IBMer). While there is no limit to how many leaders and liaisons run each group, each user group ideally has at least one leader and one liaison. User groups are location-based or virtual.
Roles and Responsibilities
User Group Leader: A User Group leader is an IBM customer with the desire to meet others in their local area to connect, learn, network and grow as a professional. They volunteer their time to bring professionals of all backgrounds and experience levels together around ideas, opinions areas of interest. Roles include:
• Spend approximately 5-10 hours/month tending to your user group
• Plan, promote, and host a minimum of two user group meetings every year
• Provide fresh content and updates to your user group on a weekly basis through the user group’s blog and discussion forums
• Communicate with user group at least once per month to engage group members
• Attend quarterly User Group Leader & Liaison calls for important updates and presentations.
User Group Liaison: A User Group Liaison is an IBM employee who supports a User Group Leader in managing a user group. Roles include, but are not limited to:
• Liaison to IBM for User Group Leaders and members
• Assist in planning user group meetings
• May help find meeting space, sponsors, or speakers
• Share new products, updates services from IBM with User Group members
• Help to create awareness about the User Group and its activities among local IBMers
• May provide fresh content and updates to members through the User Group’s blog and discussion forums
• May attend quarterly User Group Leader & Liaison calls for important updates and presentations