In the world of integration, data mapping is a key step since the domain itself deals with a wide variety of aligned tasks like data transformation and data mediation between various heterogeneous data sources and similar destinations. But integration developers spend a great deal of time and energy in just getting mapping of fields between different endpoints right. The reason is that this continues to be complex and time-consuming as the type and number of endpoints grow. This has the potential to slow the speed at which business can respond to changes and remain competitive.
Mapping Assist introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities in IBM App Connect to accelerate the speed of development, shorten time to value, and improve overall user experience. Mapping Assist uses a pre-trained AI algorithm to provide users with intelligent, customized data map suggestions that are private to your business.
Now let’s discuss about the key features of Mapping Assist, with some real time use cases and see how it helps to reduce your development and deployment time.
Key features of Mapping Assist:
- Auto map all fields wherever the matching confidence is higher than 80%.
- Relevant and fine-grained field level suggestions are provided when confidence is between 30%-100%.
- Suggestions are provided based on multiple sources, including all the previous nodes in the flow, for greater accuracy.
- Mapping suggestions for flat structures as well as complex, nested mapping fields are provided.
- Previously selected mappings are remembered and shown as top suggestions when a similar source and target mapping is attempted.
The Sync the Salesforce Contacts with Microsoft 365 scenario is used to demonstrate this.