Microsoft® Exchange is a mail and calendar server solution that runs on the Windows Server operating system. As its description suggests, Microsoft Exchange manages your emails, contacts and calendars and it is often used in schools and small to medium sized businesses.
Microsoft Exchange also supports cloud deployment with its Microsoft Exchange offerings.
Using Microsoft Exchange with App Connect
You can use App Connect to perform actions on the following operations:
- Contact Folders
- Calendar Groups
- Mail Folders
To use App Connect to integrate Microsoft Exchange with your other applications, you’ll need to connect App Connect to your Microsoft identity platform. Then, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Microsoft Graph REST API version: Specify the Microsoft Graph REST API version. By default, the supported version is v1.0.
- Access Token: Access token that is generated from the Application client ID and Application client secret.
- Refresh Token: Request token that is generated from the Application client ID and Application client secret.
- Client ID: Unique identifier that is generated after the Microsoft Azure app registration ties requests to specific projects.
- Client secret: Application client secret for the unique Application client ID created for a specific project.
For more information about how to find these credentials, see Microsoft Graph – Authentication and authorization steps.
For more information about other supported connectors, see Connectors.
Scenario: Retrieve emails by subject from Microsoft Exchange and upload the details to the Wufoo
In this scenario, you can retrieve emails from Microsoft Exchange by using the retrieve emails operation when you create a flow for an API. You can retrieve emails based on the subject by searching for a specified keyword.
Using the ‘For each’ loop, a form entry is created for each retrieved email in Wufoo. Wufoo acts as a storage endpoint in which each entry contains the email address and the email content.
Figure 1: The flow for an API to retrieve emails by subject from Microsoft Exchange and upload the details to the Wufoo.