On Wednesday, October 21st at 11:00 AM ET, I'll be presenting the Top 10 Performance and Troubleshooting tips for WebSphere Application Server traditional and Liberty: https://techtv.bemyapp.com/#/conference/5f6d07f9649cbe001b302113
This session will include a live demo showing some of these tips in action. You will have time to ask questions of the experts on the show!
Here's a sneak peek of the topics we'll cover:
Top 5 Performance tips:
- Tune maximum Java heap and nursery sizes using verbosegc
- Tune thread pools and connection pools
- Ensure CPU, RAM, network, and disk aren’t saturated
- Monitor arrival rate, response times, utilization, error rate and throughput
- Aggressively use caching where possible
Top 5 Troubleshooting tips:
- Gather multiple thread dumps and basic OS statistics during an issue. Collect all logs.
- Use hung thread detection (tWAS) and requestTiming (Liberty) for long responses
- Use a sampling profiler
- For J9 JVMs, use OS core dumps instead of PHDs for OutOfMemoryErrors
- Consider using the NCSA Access Log