Forrester Research has released two extremely useful reports to help company’s decision-making efforts around API Management vendor selection:
- “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018: The 15 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up” by Randy Heffner with Christopher Mines, Allison Vizgaitis, and Diane Lynch – released October 29th, 2018
- “Now Tech: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018: Forrester’s Overview Of 22 API Management Providers” by Randy Heffner with Christopher Mines, Allison Vizgaitis, and Andrew Reese – released October 24th, 2018
Last month IDC released a report
showing IBM API Connect as the market share leader, and now Forrester Research has also listed IBM API Connect as a Leader in the Forrester Wave for API Management Solutions.
Here are some highlights from each of these new reports.The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018
October 29th, 2018
In their opening section, “Why read this report”, Forrester says: “In our 26-criterion evaluation of API management solutions providers, we identified the 15 most significant ones and researched, analyzed, and scored them. This report shows how each provider measures up and helps application development and delivery (AD&D) professionals make the right choice.
IBM is proud that Forrester research has recognized IBM API Connect as a Leader in their wave report, listing IBM as the top ranked vendor in the current offering category.
Some Forrester comments about IBM include:
- IBM’s overall product line breadth complements its API management leadership.
- IBM’s API management solution provides broad and deep functionality in many areas and thus can serve a wide variety of API strategies.
- IBM provides a wide range of deployment options, including a free-forever tier of access. Its commercial models have a low-cost entry point and the flexibility to adapt to different customer needs and can retain a low-cost profile in high-volume deployments.
Please read the full Forrester Wave report for additional information about IBM API Connect and other API Management vendor’s offerings. You can find a copy of the report at:https://ibm.biz/TheForresterWaveAPIM2018
As per Forrester guidelines, the wave graphic is only available via the full report downloaded from the link above. Now Tech: API Management Solutions
October 26, 2018
The Now Tech API Management Solutions report is an excellent complementary report to the Forrester Wave API Management Solutions report. While the Forrester Wave report is a thorough analysis of API Management vendors and product functionality, the Now Tech report provides vendor selection recommendations for your business. In their opening section, “Why read this report”, Forrester says: “Application development and delivery (AD&D) pros should use this report to understand the value they can expect from API management solutions and select vendors based on size and fit with their organization’s API strategy.
The report starts by defining common business drivers for API management. Forrester then segments the vendors by size and defines several functionality segments including the capabilities and level of support needed for each functionality segment. Finally, Forrester maps the vendor offerings support for each of the functionality segments.
Forrester advises you to “Select Vendors Based On Size And Fit With Your API Strategy”. Use this report to facilitate this selection.
This report is available to Forrester clients using the Forrester web site:https://www.forrester.com/report/Now+Tech+API+Management+Solutions+Q4+2018/-/E-RES145177
To understand more about IBM’s thoughts on the API Economy visit the IBM API Economy website
. IBM API Connect is IBM’s complete foundation to Create, Manage, and Secure APIs. You can find more information about IBM API Connect at the API Connect website
. And you can also experience a trial version
of API Connect.
If you have questions, please let me know. Connect with me through comments here or via twitter @Arglick
to continue the discussion.#APIscience#APIEconomy#AnalystReport#api_strategy#API#BusinessStrategy#APIConnect#experienceAPIs#apis#apimgt#TechnicalStrategy#APIManagement#think_apis#APIConnect