Accessing QBR reports
You can access QBR Ad Hoc reports from three places:
1. From the Reports menu in the application toolbar: Click to display the Query Based Report window.
2. From the Select Action menu: click Run Reports. In the Reports window, clic1. k the Create Report button .
3. From the Navigation Bar in the Start Center or in an application: Beginning with version 126.96.36.199, users can create reports from the Reports Menu.
Creating Ad Hoc Reports
You can create a wide range of Ad Hoc reports using any combination of the features listed below
- Apply the application's current query in an application as a filter for the Ad Hoc report.
- Select fields from a single database table or from multiple, related database tables.
- Add calculations
- Add summaries
- Enable grouping
- Specify Sorting
- Define parameter or filter values
Ad Hoc Reporting Features
Beginning with Maximo 76, new Ad Hoc features are available including the ability to add calculations or expressions as columns to your ad hoc report. (For example, Number of days a work order is overdue) Additionally, you can specify summaries (Total, Average, Count, Minimum, Maximum, Median and Mode) to selected attributes. For more information on these features, access the Maximo Ad Hoc materials in the report reference worksheet
Sharing Ad Hoc Reports with Other Users
When users have created and saved Ad Hoc reports, they can share them with others in three different ways.
1. Report creators can schedule reports and send them to others by e-mail.
2. The report creators can grant Public security access to their reports. Public access is based on the Public security access used with queries. Public access enables other security groups to view the report if the group has both the Run Reports security access and access to the application.
3. Report creators can contact the Report Administrator, who can grant report security access to other security groups. The Report Administrator accesses the Ad Hoc report by searching on the name of the report creator in the Report Administration application and grants the additional security access on the Security tab.
Deleting Ad Hoc Reports
When a user creates and saves an Ad Hoc report, its design file is saved to the database. When that Ad Hoc report is no longer needed, it can be deleted in two ways
1. The report creator can delete the report by accessing the report from the Run Reports menu and clicking the garbage can icon
2. The Report Administrator can delete the report from the Report Administration application. The administrator can search for the Ad Hoc report by report name or by the name of the report creator and remove the report#qbr#ad_hoc#report