As an IBM App Connect user, you are now able to view logs in IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA. This means that you can use the powerful log management capabilities of IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA with your App Connect logs to:
- Troubleshoot logs in real time to diagnose issues and identify problems.
- Issue alerts to be notified of important actions.
- Export logs to a local file for analysis or to an archive service to meet auditing requirements.
- Control logging infrastructure costs by customizing what logs to manage through IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA.
Enabling App Connect user logs in IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA
App Connect emits user logs for a number of events that occur while processing successful or failed flows and log nodes that are configured in a flow.
To display App Connect logs in IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA, you’ll need an instance of IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA that is configured for platform service logs in the same account and region as the App Connect instance. The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Create flows in your App Connect instance.
- If you do not already have an instance of IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA in the same IBM Cloud account and region as App Connect, create an instance: https://cloud.ibm.com/observe/logging.
- Configure the IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA instance to receive service logs: https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/services/Log-Analysis-with-LogDNA?topic=LogDNA-config_svc_logs.
- Start your flows in App Connect and monitor the log entries in the IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA instance that’s configured for service logs.
By enabling debug logging on a flow, debug logs will also be available in the associated IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA instance.
App Connect is just one of a number of IBM products that enable you to view logs in IBM Log Analysis with LogDNA, which means that you can create custom dashboards to view logs from multiple products.