The IBM Integration User Group UK was founded in 1996 (as the IBM MQ User Group), and has held user events each year since (bar a hiatus at the height of the Covid pandemic). Currently we have around 80-100 attendees at each of the meetings that we hold, which normally take place in IBM York Road (central London) and IBM Hursley (nr Winchester) each year.
The user group is an independent body, whose purpose is to promote the understanding of IBM Integration technologies and industry trends. These technologies include IBM's Messaging, Cloud Integration and API Economy technologies, and products include:
Typical industry trends covered include:
Containerisation of Integration Technologies
Agile Integration Architecture and Modernisation
Integration Technology Architectures
Integration Patterns and Templates
Our premier event is typically a day-long held once a year at IBM Hursley, the home of IBM MQ, IBM Integration and API technologies.
Pre-Covid, a normal year typically involved two events, for example:
- Collaborative meeting with the WebSphere User Group at IBM South Bank (central London) or in IBM Edinburgh : March
- In-depth IBM Integration User Group at IBM Hursley, near Winchester : June or July
Dates are for guidance only - please see the events tab on this site for the actual schedules.
The user group is a non-profit making organisation. We predominately service the UK community, and as such most of our members are UK based.
The committee meets several times a year to plan and organise the events. We are always interested to know if anyone would like to join the committee; if you would, then please contact us via this group, or see us at one of our events for a face-2-face chat.
The current committee is:
- Chairman - Mike Wyvill (Schroders)
- IBM Representative - Hugh Everett (IBM)
- Secretary/Communications - Mike Dent (NatWest Markets)
- Treasurer - David Wicks (Independent)
- Committee Member - Shailen Devani (TCS - Tata Consultancy Services)
- Committee Member - Ian Hurworth (Investec Bank)
- Committee Member - James Blackburn (Marks and Spencer)
- Associate Committee Member - Dharmesh Patel (RS Components)