I am very excited to announce the release of IBM Big Replicate for Hadoop 2.16.0, Object Stores 2.16.0, Hive Plugin 8.0, Security plugin 6.0 and Backup plugin 6.0. This release comes with the inclusion of CDP support along with various bug fixes and improvements across the product.
WHAT IS IBM BIG REPLICATE?
Big Replicate is a replication technology that gives you LIVE DATA — consistent data everywhere, spanning platforms and locations, even for changing data at petabyte scale. Big Replicate enables data replication for Hadoop and cloud object stores with continuous data availability and consistency exceeding the most demanding enterprise SLAs.
WHY BIG REPLICATE?
Moving big data operations from lab to production environments, across multiple Hadoop distributions, and on-premise to cloud governed by data availability agreements is no easy task. Big Replicate helps customers solve these problems with the following benefits:
– 100% Availability of data with virtually zero RTO/RPO
– Reduced costs by doubling capacity with no increase in hardware costs
– Migrate to cloud easily with no problem and no downtime
– Fast and real-time data replication
– No vendor lock-in
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS RELEASE?
Key New Features for IBM Big Replicate for Hadoop 2.16.0 and Object Stores 2.16.0
- Support for compressions on IHC<-> Fusion data transfer
- Support for Cloudera Runtime (7.0.3, 7.1.1, 7.1.3, 7.1.4)
- Addition of S3A support to UI installer
Key New Features for Plugins
- CDP support for all plugins and compatibility with Big Replicate for Hadoop and Object Stores 2.16.0
- Hive Plugin 8.0 to support DBTokenStore for delegation tokens
SOME USEFUL LINKS
Technical documentation can be found in Wandisco’s user guide.
This new release of Big Replicate offerings is available for download from Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Learn more by visiting US.