You can now search videos the same way you search documentation.
Have you ever watched a video, hoping to learn how to do something, only to realize - at the end of the video - that what you're looking for isn't in that video?
When you use the new video search in the Cloud Pak for Data as a Service documentation, results include the video title and timestamps in the videos that match your query. You can click to jump to the video and to the exact time in the video you need.
How does it work?
We use Watson services on IBM Cloud:
- We use Watson Speech to Text to generate transcripts of our videos
- We touch up any errors and then index those transcripts for search using Watson Discovery
- Our videos are hosted on Watson Media and we use the Watson Media Player API to provide an enhanced video experience in our product documentation
- We automate and streamline this whole process using microservices, implemented in Node.js and Python and deployed on IBM Cloud
- We monitor search performance using a Cognos dashboard, built in Cloud Pak for Data as a Service
In other words, we use Cloud Pak for Data and IBM Cloud services to perform our "day job" exactly the way IBM customers do.
For more information about how we implement video search and related video projects, see: GitHub samples repo
Try out Cloud Pak for Data as a Service!