We are happy to announce the release of the Db2 Data Management Console v 3.1.8. In this release, we focused on addressing many customer requirements, a big chunk of which are the result of our advocate team's direct engagement with our customers and the feedback reported in the community forums.
The key features to highlight:
- Enhancements to Query Tuning:
- Query Tuning recommendation report now displays the access plan summary and catalog information sections
- Enhanced user experience to view the tuning recommendations
- Access plan graph can now include actual access path cost information
- Workload tuning provides recommendations to convert tables from row stored to column stored organization
- Query index what-if analysis displays the revised access plan graph with the virtual indexes
- Enhancements to SQL Editor:
- Users can easily access their saved scripts via a new tab.
- The improved user experience when exploring data objects.
- Auto-completion feature provides hints for schema and table names
- Enhancements to Monitoring & Alerts:
- Support monitoring for non-ROS HADR databases.
- Users can now monitor the memory usage at the instance and database levels
- Improved drill-down on database time spent page for workloads and provide asynchronous I/O data at the database level
- Ability to allow only privileged users to view and manage alerts
- Added an additional column so that Custom Alert script output can include the reason in addition to severity
- Enhancement to Configuration Management:
- Users have the ability to view, compare and update DBM and DB configuration parameters across SMP, DPF, HADR and PureScale
- Enhancements to jobs:
- Customize email notifications to base on job execution status
- Ability to delete a job that is running status
- Allow the user to convert an on-demand job to a scheduled job dynamically
- dmctop monitoring utility v 22.214.171.124 is also released in conjunction to enhance Db2 PureScale statistics at the member level
You can see the full release note here: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ibm10885404
To download IBM Db2 Data Management Console, go to Db2 Download Center, Fix Central, or Db2 console DockerHub.
Knowledge Center: What's new in version 3.1.8
Installation guidelines: Setting up IBM Db2 Data Management Console