This Db2 for z/OS News from the Lab blog entry was originally published on 2018-10-03.
By Claire McFeely and Paul McWilliams.
Version 6 of the SQL Reference for Cross-Platform Development is available now!
Developers who build applications that must be portable across the IBM Db2 family of database products can use the SQL Reference for Cross-Platform Development to ensure the portability of the SQL in their applications. It describes the common set of SQL language features that are supported across all platforms by the Db2 family.
The new Version 6 covers the following newest available versions of the following Db2 family products:
With the latest extensions, application developers can write even more applications to be portable across the Db2 family. Version 6 includes many exciting new features, including the following features that were previously delivered in Db2 on other platforms and now in Db2 12 for z/OS for the first time:
- OFFSET and LIMIT clauses in queries
- New built-in functions, including:
- Aggregate Functions: LISTAGG, PERCENTILE_CONT, and PERCENTILE_DISC
- Scalar Functions: WRAP
- CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER
- CREATE TRIGGER SQL-control statements
- fetch-clause in Searched DELETE
- MERGE statement extensions
- Obfuscation of SQL functions, procedures, and triggers
- TRANSFER OWNERSHIP
- Declared constants in a compound-statement
Version 6 also includes new features that were delivered in previous DB2 for z/OS releases, and are now available across the Db2 family. To see the full list of the new features in Version 6, see The SQL reference for cross-platform development article, or get the SQL Reference for Cross-Platform Development Version 6 PDF now!
Claire McFeely is a Senior Software Engineer for Db2 for z/OS development and Paul McWilliams is a technical writer for Db2 for z/OS.