IBM Champions provide content, leadership, mentorship, and advocacy across IBM products, technologies, and communities.IBM Champions are enthusiasts and advocates: IT professionals, business leaders, developers, executives, educators, and influencers who support and mentor others in their use of IBM products, offerings, technologies, and community.
TL:DR - IBM Champions nominations are open through 30 November extended: close on 30 December. Join the webinar to learn more and nominate today!
The IBM Champions program recognizes IBM customers and partners who demonstrate practical expertise in IBM technologies, while providing extraordinary support and advocacy in IBM digital and local communities. IBM Champions use their expertise to help others get the most out of their investment in IBM software, solutions, and services. They help build a bridge between the technology currently in use in our customer's centers and the products and technologies being developed and improved every day.
The IBM Champions program recognizes these innovative thought leaders in the technical community and rewards their contributions by amplifying their voice and increasing their sphere of influence. In addition, the program offers the following rewards to those selected as IBM Champions:
- Annual IBM Champion merchandise package and IBM Digital Badges
- Visibility, recognition, and networking opportunities
- Exclusive access to and recognition across IBM communities
- Invitations, discounts, and VIP perks for IBM Conferences
- Exclusive access to IBM roadmaps, announcements, product development teams
But what IBM Champions appreciate the most about the program are the following.
- Recognition: “My customers see the that I am an IBM Champion and are reassured that I am in the best position to advise them on what to deploy and when.”
- Networking: “Meeting fellow IBM Champions the world over is awesome. So many experts to learn from and work with, and to eat lobster with in Boston, and wonderful wine in Germany, and chocolate in Switzerland and...”
- Connection to IBM: “The IBM Champion Program provides easy access to IBM folks at various levels which helps tremendously during sales cycles. This goes a long way in delivering best solution that works for all...”
Become an IBM Champion
IBM Champions are selected for the contributions they have made over the previous year across content, community, feedback, and more. You can become an IBM Champion by nominating yourself or being nominated by an IBMer or a colleague or community member.
In the nomination, tell the story of the contributions: running a user group to bring users together to solve problems; writing a series of blogs to share how to implement new features; answering questions in forums to make sure others are successful with their implementations.
Successful nominations show evidence of significant contributions, outside the job they're paid to do, over the previous year. Significant contributions are those that are executed consistently, multiple times, or for an extended time. The contributions are typically reported across one or more areas from:
- Content creation
- Community support
- External relations and customer references
- Creating or speaking at events
- Technical contributions
- Being the Champion for IBM products internally
Nominate someone to become an IBM Champion today. Nominations close 30 December. IBM Champions for 2022 will be announced the week of 31 January 2022.
During the year someone is an IBM Champion, the program supports and engages with them. We offer deep-dive technical briefings, regular updates on products and roadmaps, and access to executives. The program team acts as a "concierge" into IBM for our IBM Champions. We work to amplify their voices, expand their eminence and audience, and protect and nurture the relationship IBM has with these amazing advocates.
We ask IBM Champions to continue to make the types of contributions that brought them into the program and to report that activity to us at least once per month. If we can, we make it easier for them to do this work. We also bring opportunities for other contributions - high impact opportunities that affect IBM products and customers.
Each year, IBM Champions re-nominate themselves or are re-nominated to remain in the program.
Want to know more?
You can investigate what IBM Champions are doing by reading our Champions in Action series or reviewing the highlights here in the IBM Champions community. As you engage across the IBM Community, look for IBM Champions and connect with them. Ask them questions, work with them, and learn from them.
Read what some companies and IBM Champions have to say about the program:
Nominate someone to become an IBM Champion today. Nominations close on 30 December. IBM Champions for 2022 will be announced the week of 31 January 2022.