IBM is named a visionary in 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
For those of us who work in the analytics industry, we know there is no dearth of data to be had. Yet institutions still face barriers when putting that information to work to make more informed decisions. To address this gap between the glut of available data and the trickle of insights gleaned from it, teams may experiment with different strategies:
One approach is to invest in experts – teams of analysts working to deliver insights to the rest of the business. Another strategy is to require analytics-consuming teams to build their own analytics content and derive their own insights with a self-service model. A third option is to augment analyst and business user work by relying on analytics tools themselves to surface insights automatically and serve up recommendations of interest.
IBM Cognos Analytics provides organizations the tools to take on all three of these approaches and more.
Let's look at some of the key benefits of working with Cognos Analytics:
- Cognos Analytics with Watson: In the last year, IBM Cognos Analytics not only rolled out a redesigned user experience but also joined the IBM “with Watson” brand of products. We have rolled out augmented capabilities with smarts, recommendations, and automation to make your analytics experience even better – the goal is to help you work smarter and faster, see further, and make more confident decisions.
- Flexible Deployment Options: Many organizations are in a period of transition as they rethink their enterprise architecture. Organizations are adopting various iterations of cloud, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, & containerization IT strategies. We offer the ability to run Cognos Analytics as an on-premises solution, as an installation on IaaS in a cloud of choice, on the Cloud Pak for Data platform, as a hosted SaaS environment, and also as a managed SaaS offering. This allows customers to pick the deployment model that fits their needs.
- Consistent Core Capabilities: While IBM Cognos Analytics is available in a range of deployment options to fit the needs of your organization – the core capabilities are consistent across the different models, so you can still offer your user community reporting, dashboarding, data exploration, and more regardless of whether you’re running Cognos Analytics on premises, on cloud, or in a platform model.
- Pricing Consistency: We offer pricing for a variety of deployment options in a way that allows customers to plan their expenses with reliability. Customers can know up front, without surprises, what their Cognos Analytics environment will cost. We think this transparency is a differentiator when comparing with certain unpredictable pricing models.
- Enhanced User Experience: The Cognos Analytics 11.2 stream (and later versions of the 11.1 stream) provides an enhanced user experience which uses the cross-IBM Carbon design system. This unifies the Cognos Analytics experience with a broader family of IBM products such as IBM Cloud Pak for Data, IBM Planning Analytics with Watson, and IBM Watson Studio. This provides not only a fresh look but also consistency of design for clients using multiple IBM technologies.
- Immediacy of Insights: Cognos Analytics provides automation, recommendations, and data smarts to help speed your time to insight. You can ask Cognos Analytics to build out a data model from a database schema for you based on your areas of interest, build a dashboard for you based on metrics in your data, suggest different angles from which to explore your data in an ad-hoc fashion, highlight insights about your visualization in natural language, and more.
For more insights, check out these additional industry reports, customer recognition, and reviews highlighting Cognos Analytics:
- Customer recognition: IBM received the 2021 Gartner® Peer Insights™ Customers’ Choice designation for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms for Cognos Analytics.  See the reviews on the Gartner Peer Insights page and read more on the IBM blog. 
- Read about how BARC named IBM a market leader in their Enterprise BI & Analytics Platforms report for 2021. 
- Learn why Ventana Research named IBM Cognos Analytics an exemplary vendor in their 2021 Analytics and Data Value Index. 
It’s amazing the different ways our customers are using Cognos Analytics to enable their business. Whether you are new to Cognos Analytics or a seasoned pro, we are confident that Cognos Analytics has many more ways to help your organization turn data into insight. Please get in touch and let us know how we can help on your analytics journey!
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER, MAGIC QUADRANT and PEER INSIGHTS are trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms , 9 August 2021
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences with the vendors listed on the platform, should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/analytics-business-intelligence-platforms/vendor/ibm/product/ibm-cognos-analytics