By Nickolus Plowden, Portfolio Marketing, IBM Cognos Analytics
Spring is in the air here in Canada and our development team has been hard at work putting the final touches on the latest release of Cognos Analytics, release 11.0.10. In this we address some of the top Requests for Enhancements (RFEs) that have been raised by you, our customers, and our Business Partners. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions as we continue to make improvements. We are listening!
Here are the highlights from Cognos Analytics R 10:
- #1 RFE –Complete: Drill through from a dashboard to a report. Get answers to your questions faster by enabling a user to drill through from a dashboard directly into a report with more detailed information, based on the filter parameters selected. Get more details here.
- #2 RFE – Complete: Save a dashboard as a PDF. This familiar and popular method of sharing information makes it easy to print or view dashboards offline on a mobile device. Get more details on the new feature here.
- #6 RFE – Complete: Simplify access to ‘Job’ function to run a report. In previous releases of Cognos only a person with administrative permissions could see their jobs. Now it’s easier for all users to run, schedule, or monitor all their jobs.
- Simplify Migration to a new Open ID Connect (OIDC) authentication method. Eliminate the need for an administrator to go through a Namespace migration and verify each user when they want to change their OIDC connect provider type.
- Quality improvements – over 140 defect corrections from previous releases of Cognos Analytics
Other exciting developments with IBM’s Analytics offering is the upcoming release of IBM Dynamic Dashboard Embedded. Dynamic Dashboard Embedded is a new, API-based solution that lets developers easily embed the dashboarding and visualization capabilities of IBM Cognos Analytics directly into applications using REST APIs.
For more information on IBM Dynamic Dashboard Embedded check out the .
I’ve saved the best for last — IBM Think 2018. Think 2018 is the flagship IBM conference built to help you modernize and secure your enterprise. We have some exciting news to share with you at the event about all of the cool new Augmented Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities that are coming to Cognos Analytics this year. Here is the link to the BI & Analytics related activities, but note that you will need to filter by Subtopic ‘Business Analytics and Visualization’.
That’s it for now, look for a post-IBM Think 2018 article from me with the highlights the announcements related to Cognos Analytics and the rest of the Data Science and Business Analytics and Portfolio.
Ciao for now,