provided report authors with a method of customizing prompt interactions in the reports they authored. Fifteen samples
were created to demonstrate how to use the Prompt API. After you install the Extended Samples
, you will find the Prompt API samples in the Samples_Prompt_API
changed and improved. Consequently, the 10.2.2 Prompt API samples have been re-written for 11.0.11, using this new approach.What has changed?
Here is a list of the original Prompt API samples that have been updated in 11.0.11:
- Clear prompt selections
- Date prompt presets
- Display all prompt values ignoring user selections
- Display user selected prompt values
- Filter country by letter (now called HTML select and HTML slider)
- Limit numeric prompt selection by database value
- Limit time between two dates
- Limit user selection to two items
- Personal default prompt selections - set selections
- Personal default prompt selections - use selections
- Validate prompt values when button pushed
- Validate type-in postal code values
- Validate type-in product line code
- Date time prompt presets
- Limit date prompt selection by database value
- Pass parameter via hidden prompt
Note: You can also successfully open and use all the version 10.2.2 samples in their original form in Cognos Analytics 11. They will be rendered in the Classic Viewer only.
and follow the steps.
Please visit our IBM Cognos Analytics channel on YouTube