Blog editor’s note: Sonia Arora and Greg McDonald will be leading a session that takes a deeper look at the analytics journey at IBM Insight at World of Watson 2016. Join us in Las Vegas, October 24-27, for this session and many other exciting activities. Learn more here.
We all know Business Intelligence is mission-critical to run a successful organization. Our clients need it to run their daily operations effectively and to explore new areas of growth. Analytics has proven so effective that the demand for it in every part of organization has exceeded IT's ability to deliver on time. Organizations want a smarter, intuitive, self-service BI tool for their business users.
Organizations today face multiple challenges with respect to analytics and data governance:
- Find the right equilibrium between providing freedom to business users and not creating data silos.
- Give the business users the speed and agility they need to make the right decisions faster while reducing their dependence on IT to provide that information on time.
- Avoid inconsistent business rules and definitions, so that there is no argument about whose numbers are correct.
- Base business discussions throughout the organization on one set of trusted data.
- Make sure the data is up-to-date and readily available.
- Make sure the data that is governed so that there are no concerns about business users working with sensitive or private information.
Business Intelligence should not be a disruption but rather something that works alongside your business needs. Irrespective of where you are in your analytics journey – whether you are starting a new analytics project, ready to roll out to additional users, or ready to share with other departments – the tool should be easy to install to cater to a few users immediately. And when demand grows, it should be easy to make available to everyone in your enterprise. You want BI to be up and running with just few clicks so that your business users can start their analytics exploration without any wait time or training.
To learn more about how easy IBM Cognos Analytics is to install, manage, govern, scale and use, join us for Session 2004: Baby Steps - The Analytics Journey from a Department to an Enterprise
at IBM Insight at World of Watson
. Register now: http://ibm.co/CAWoW1FB#analytics#businessintelligence#businessintelligencetools#CognosAnalyticswithWatson#Event#Resources#self-service