IBM has recently announced an update for is Digital Business Automation for Multicloud
offering on 12th February.
DBA for Multicloud platform delivers an integrated and managed collection of containerized DBA services that enable rapid deployment and reduce operational costs. DBA for Multicloud also digitizes all aspects of business operations and can extend the workforce with digital labor to enable businesses to scale.
DBA for Multicloud V18.0.2 delivers enhancements that include the ability to:
- Deploy and run DBA for Multicloud containers on a Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)-certified Kubernetes environment of choice.
- Collect events from IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) into IBM Business Automation Insights and work with a pre-built dashboard
- Upgrade to the latest release of ODM V8.10.1.
The new CNCF certified Kubernetes support will provide a much wider range of platforms that containerized DBA services can run on. IBM Cloud Private was already certified. You can view what is certified on the Cloud Native Computing Foundation site
. This does include RedHat Openshift, Amazon EKS and many others.
Business Automation Insights adds ODM decision events to the existing Process and Case events from IBM Business Automation Workflow for broader and deeper analysis.
The latest updates from ODM are :
- Includes new decision modeling in Decision Center, with a focus on ease of use and speed for the early stage of a decision automation project.
- Delivers additional features that are integrated in Decision Center Business Console.
- Includes upgraded components, with Rule Designer and Insight® Designer that is now based on Eclipse 4.7.3.
- Supports integration with IBM Machine Learning for z/OS® (ML for z/OS).
- Event emitter support for BAI
These will be appreciated by many business & IT users.