Concerns the exchange of information and experiences in the use of Tivoli products for cross-platform, distributed systems management.
The working group is concerned with:
- The exchange of information and experiences in the use of Tivoli products for cross-platform, distributed systems management
- IBM service management, taking process management and operations management into account
- Industry best practices like ITIL
- Preparation and proposal of software requirements
Central topics are:
- Customer reports on planned or implemented Tivoli architecture
- Concepts for implementing multi-platform systems management
- IBM presentations on new strategies, products, and functions
- Strategies for migration to new Tivoli product versions
- IBM Tivoli support structures and their relationship to customers
- Event management
- Resource monitoring
- Composite application management
- Configuration management database
- Operations management
- Performance management
- Inventory management
- Software distribution
The Systems Management / Tivoli working group meets three times per year. The meetings always begin on Thursday at 10 AM and end on Friday at 4 PM.
The Thursday offers two or three parallel workshops on various Tivoli topics. Afterwards all participants come together for a discussion in the open session, where new requirements can be proposed and voted on.
On Friday morning there are presentations from GSE members, IBM/Tivoli, and Tivoli partners, and on Friday afternoon there is a short training, free of charge, on some current topic.
The meetings are organized by the GSE members themselves.