Artificial Intelligence is no different. Anything that isn't used well could be a threat. AI is everywhere, from the IT industry to aviation and automobile manufacturing. AI gives machines the ability to reason, learn logic, and produce results similar to the human brain.
The amount of data input to the system directly affects the accuracy of the predictions. AI offers many benefits that make life more straightforward. AI has its drawbacks. Let's now discuss these in detail. But before we do, let us first understand the main types or segments of AI.
There are four major segments of Artificial Intelligence development:
Artificial Intelligence, a branch of computer science, is a multidisciplinary branch that seeks to create machines capable of imitating the human brain. It includes capabilities like perception, problem-solving, and decision-making.
It is designed to solve problems that usually require human intelligence, such as driving, painting, philosophy, testing hypotheses, and theorem-proving.
AI is a popular branch of computer science. Companies are seeking AI professionals to develop better training models and AI apps. AIML Courses along with basic knowledge of computer science concepts could take you a step further or kick-start your career in artificial intelligence.
These are the four major segments of Artificial Intelligence-based on their development stages.
Reactive AI machines don't keep any memories and respond based on current circumstances. The Deep Blue supercomputer is a notable example of reactive AI. IBM built it in 1980 and won the chess match against Garry Kasparov, the world champion.
Reactive AI responds precisely the same to identical situations without any variance between the two results. It doesn't keep any past data.
AI with limited memory
Reactive AI has a simpler architecture and can absorb learning data to improve its performance. Deep learning algorithms are used to mimic human neuron connections and create training models. One prominent example of Limited Memory AI is Self-driving cars, which use deep learning algorithms that analyze vehicle speed and position to make a real-time decision.
Theory of Mind AI
Theory of Mind AI refers to machines that can replicate the thinking and decision-making abilities of humans. Robots such as Sophia and Kismet are examples of this type of AI. Artificial intelligence (theory of mind) is quickly used in natural language processing to improve communication between humans, machines, and others.
AI that is self-aware
Self-Aware AI extends the theory of mind-AI. It is a state where machines are self-aware and can make conscious decisions. If self-aware AI is achieved, we can say that a device exhibits human-level consciousness. This means that it has the same emotions, intelligence, desires and will make conscious decisions.
Due to limitations in computation power and hardware, this AI is not yet possible. If we can attain this type of AI, it will be able to upgrade itself at an even faster pace and become thousands of times more powerful than human beings.
Artificial Intelligence: Advantages and Disadvantages
Here are some of the main benefits of Artificial Intelligence across a variety of fields.
- Zero Human Error: Even in repetitive tasks like production lines, humans make mistakes. Ai-powered computers can eliminate these errors and give the same results every time. Google's weather prediction system is a good example. It accurately predicts weather events and storms up to six hours in advance.
- Zero Risks: AI-powered machines can be used in many industries where human presence is dangerous or lethal, such as coal mines, oil refineries, and sewage treatment plants. AI-powered machines can also be used to rescue people, which reduces the human team's pressure.
- 24-hour availability: Machines can work continuously without interruptions and produce consistent results. This increases your business's production and improves customer satisfaction. Chatbots such as Amazon lex, which use AI software to provide 24 hour assistance, recognize customer intentions and respond with keywords and follow-up questions.
- Faster Decisions: Machines can process large amounts of data faster and produce better results due to their higher performance and computational power. AI can also take into account multiple factors and assist users in making accurate decisions.
- Daily Application: Google's OK Google and Window's Cortana are just a few of the AI systems people use to make phone calls, manage time, remember important information, reply to emails and search for places on a daily basis.
- New inventions: Every theory or model must produce accurate results against different datasets. This means that you need to process large datasets to prove their worth. AI-based models can now predict breast cancer earlier than ever, thanks to their training with thousands of cases and complicated problems.
But, AI is not without its dark side. Let's look at some of the drawbacks of AI.
- High cost: AI applications require concepts such as Artificial Neural Networks, which require powerful hardware to process complex information. It is expensive to maintain, and repairs are needed, which adds to the overall cost.
- Unemployment: Ai is rapidly replacing jobs that require repetitive tasks or lack creativity. Industries replace workers with robots to do product assembly, cleaning, quality assurance, and other charges. This could lead to a significant problem in the future.
- Robots have no emotions. They cannot form a relationship with other machines or humans to solve a problem, essential for team management.
- Box thinking: Machines are only capable of performing the tasks they were designed to do. Anything beyond their limits will cause malfunctions, system crashes, or produce nominal outputs.
These are some of the most influential AI applications in real life:
- E-commerce websites use recommendation engines to offer a customized shopping experience based on the user's browsing history, keywords, and past orders.
- Banks can use AI applications to detect fraudulent transactions. They analyze the transactions and accounts of thousands of customers at once.
- To find the fastest path, navigation systems combine Machine learning algorithms with neural networks.
- Artificial Intelligence is used in robotics to communicate with the environment, detect obstacles and provide real-time updates.
- AI-powered drones can be used in many fields, including tree planting, film-making, aerial surveys, and gathering information about any disaster.
- The Healthcare sector uses complex models and sophisticated machines to detect diseases early. AI can also be used to predict the effects of drugs on the human body.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Instagram all use AI algorithms to translate posts into other languages, offer suggestions, detect fraud and remove inappropriate content.
Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing many industries, and it's also having an impact upon our daily lives. It is helping humans to solve complex problems, improve existing technologies, and ultimately lead to a brighter future. AI can be found in all areas, from agriculture to space. How we design AI today and for what purpose will determine the future of AI.