A couple months ago, I shared the Call for Proposals for IBM Z Day, specifically calling out the Open Z track. The event is coming up this week, on Wednesday, September 15th!
We've put together a really compelling schedule and I hope you choose to join us. Registration is free, just visit ibm.biz/zday2021
In this Open Z track, we're thrilled to have speakers from various projects, companies, and organizations, covering:
- The Open Mainframe Project
- The latest updates to SUSE Enterprise Linux Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu on IBM Z and LinuxONE
- Ansible for z/OS case studies
- Containers on IBM Z, from a community perspective
- The Software Discovery Tool, part of the Open Mainframe Project
- IBM Python on z/OS
- IBM Z + DS8K with Open Source and APIs
- AI/Machine Learning on IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers
- .NET on IBM Z
- Testing open source apps with Travis CI on IBM Z
Schedule for the Open Z track can be found here: https://www.ibm.com/community/z/ibm-z-day-2021/#Open-Z
But I suggest exploring the whole schedule to follow your interests throughout the event. Replays will be available, so feel free to skip around.
See you there! ibm.biz/zday2021