To assist COBOL users who are migrating from Enterprise COBOL 4 or earlier versions to COBOL 6, the one-stop COBOL Migration Portal was launched in Feb. 2020, aggregating all the COBOL migration-related information including case studies, COBOL experts interview videos, the cloud-based COBOL Migration Assistant, COBOL Migration and Performance Tuning Webinars, FAQs, and many other content assets. Since then, the portal has been a key and popular resource among COBOL migration users.
In responding to the needs of users and improve the experience, now, we're excited to announce that a new COBOL Migration Portal is live! Major changes in the new portal are as follows:
- The portal landing page and the webinar register page now have a new modern look that provides you with a consistent experience in IBM Documentation (previously known as IBM Knowledge Center).
- The overall migration workflow for "Why" - "How" - "After" is optimized.
- Along with the new design, content assets are reorganized and streamlined accordingly.
- Hot topics, such as user stories, EOS dates, manual download links, etc., are shown directly on the landing page to make it more comprehensive and informative, and you will not need to go further.
- Spotlight resources such as the webinars and the COBOL Migration Assistant are highlighted, and you can get started quickly.
- Core ideas of videos are summarized so you can easily capture what the videos are about or if you prefer plain texts.
- IBM DevOps tools are introduced that can speed up your migration process. In addition, it is further clarified that you can leverage IBM Z VTP for an efficient regression testing.
So why not take a tour around the new COBOL Migration Portal right now?
If you have any comments or would like to see other topics in the COBOL Migration Portal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!