We are very excited to announce IBM® Z Monitoring Suite 1.4, IBM Z Service Management Suite 2.4, IBM Z Service Automation Suite 1.6, IBM Tivoli® Management Services on z/OS® 6.3.2 and new IBM zSystems® Integration for Observability 6.1 releases today, 24th March 2023, delivering multiple new features and capabilities to accelerate your journey to AIOps and supporting your enterprise-wide observability platform.
New offering! IBM zSystems Integration for Observability 6.1
IBM zSystems Integration for Observability 6.1 delivers new data integration ecosystem and user interfaces for clients with stand-alone OMEGAMON agents.
IBM zSystems Integration for Observability 6.1 includes the following components:
- IBM Z® OMEGAMON Integration Monitor V5.6 includes OMEGAMON Data Provider for integrating OMEGAMON metric data with observability solutions like IBM Instana™.
- IBM Z Common Data Provider 5.1.1 with Kafka enables streaming IBM z/OS® log and SMF data to observability solutions like IBM Instana.
- IBM Z Resource Discovery Data Service 1.2.0 enables hybrid cloud event correlation from OMEGAMON generated events with IBM Cloud Pak® for Watson AIOps.
- IBM Discovery Library Adapter for z/OS, V3.2 accelerates OMEGAMON monitoring agent configuration with discovered z/OS asset details.
- IBM Service Management Unite V1.1.10 is a dashboard to bring mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single environment.
- IBM Z ChatOps V1.1.3 is a collaboration service that connects people, processes, tools, and automation through common collaboration solutions.
- IBM Tivoli® Management Services on z/OS 6.3.2 delivers currency and now provides an Open Container Initiative (OCI) compliant image of Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) that can be run in a docker environment running on the Linux® on zSystems operating system.
For integration examples please review blog: Link
These components are also available in IBM Z Service Management Suite v2.4 and IBM Z Monitoring Suite v1.4.
IBM Z Monitoring Suite 1.4 provides real-time and historical monitoring and availability management of critical z/OS infrastructure and key subsystems, such as IBM CICS®, IBM Information Management System (IMS), IBM Db2®, IBM WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS, and IBM MQ for z/OS.
IBM Z Service Management Suite 2.4 helps deliver robust monitoring, observability, and automation management, including asset discovery, with an embedded ChatOps engagement model. It forms the foundation of the journey to AIOps for IBM Z to support the dynamic growth of transaction workload and data sharing for the modern hybrid cloud.
IBM Z Service Automation Suite 1.6 offers a single point of control for a broad range of systems management functions. The suite provides the visibility, control, and automation of a large range of system elements spanning the hardware and software resources of enterprises in a sysplex. IBM Z Service Automation Suite provides automation, network management, and scheduling with an embedded ChatOps engagement model to address business agility on IBM zSystems.
IBM Z Service Automation Suite v1.6 now includes IBM Z Common Data Provider to stream IBM Z Workload Scheduler and distribute it to different analytics engines. IBM Z System Automation can use Kafka to distribute System Display Facility (SDF) events to IBM Service Management Unite and other consumers.
IBM Tivoli Management Services on z/OS 6.3.2 delivers core infrastructure for OMEGAMON monitoring solutions.
IBM Tivoli Management Services on z/OS 6.3.2 now includes a new Open Container Initiative (OCI) compliant containerized Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) image for IBM zSystems hardware running Docker on the Linux® on zSystems operating system. This TEPS container saves time and simplifies maintenance by removing the need for users to manually install, configure, start, stop, and maintain the TEPS software application and all TEPS software prerequisites.
IBM Tivoli Management Services on z/OS 6.3.2 has also been updated to include of IBM Cognos® 11.1.7 to replace Tivoli Common Reporting that is no longer supported, currency updates to IBM Db2® (11.5.8) and Zowe™ 2.0 support for IBM Z Service Management Explorer (IZSME).
To learn more about these updates, please click on the links below.
Announcement letter: link
Product and document pages links:
IBM zSystems Integration for Observability 6.1
IBM Z Service Management Suite 2.4
IBM Z Monitoring Suite 1.4
IBM Z Service Automation Suite 1.6
IBM Tivoli Management Services on z/OS 6.3.2
IBM Z OMEGAMON Data Provider master blog
#OMEGAMON #AIOpsonZ #monitoring #eventstreaming #ServiceManagementSuite #Instana #Announcement #IBMZOS #zSystems