Join / sign up
Size in MB
These VG's are mounted on the AIX filesystems and used for storing Backed up data and TSM Servers
DB2 Database (tsmdbvg) . As these Mount points are missing due to the Space issue on V5000 Storage Array in R&D environment due to the Thin Provisioned LUN's are already over occupied.
As we don't have any space left out in the IBM-v5000 storage and right now we can't procure the new storage for the array and can't add a new enclosure in the rack, so storage team have suggested following plan and workaround.
1) Storage Team will create a new LUN with 6x2TB on another IBM-v7000 and zone it to the server.
2) Unix Team will create a new Volume group on the Server and migrate the data of following old VG's to new VG's and sync the data.
3) After confirmation of data migration from UNIX team, Storage Team will delete the old LUN's and from the storage Array v5000.
4) As the Older LUN's are Thin provisioned, following missing LUN's can be online now and should be able to mount.
5) After the Mounts points are Online, Backup Team will make the DB2 and TSM Services UP. The TSM database should be UP and running.
6) After which the backup storage pools will be configured and routed to newly assigned LUN's from IBM-v7000.